Pumphouse Theatre is looking to hire four instructors for its Summer 2018 team! Duties would include executing drama activities and lessons, and producing a final performance for friends and family! Deadline to apply is May 4th. Come and spend a exciting summer at the Pumphouse!
Summer Drama Day Camp 2018
The Pumphouse Theatre is now accepting applications for four (4) full time drama instructor positions for our annual Summer Drama Day Camp.
Drama camp activities include the exploration of acting, improvisation, creative movement, voice, sound, storytelling, and playwriting. The goal of the program is to develop the social interaction and life skills of the young participants through creative utilization of theatrical techniques. The instructors also facilitate their students in developing a production, which is performed for friends and family on the final day of camp. Pumphouse Theatre believes in drama education that encourages creativity, freedom, and a healthy sense of play in our youth.
The Drama Instructors will work under the guidance of the Program Coordinator to assist in program development and be responsible for the overall execution and creation of the curriculum. Instructors will also work closely in a leadership relationship with Camp Counselors.
The successful applicants will:
- Possess the ability to supervise and instruct young people between the ages of 8 - 14 and have had previous experience in this area.
- Have a solid understanding of the creative theatre process and have experience and/or education in this area
- Have had at least one term or semester of a Drama/Theatre class and/or Education class
- Display strong communicative and interpersonal skills
- Be committed to the creative development and the theatrical education of the participants
- Experience with ESL and Disabilities is an asset
- Some experience with the creative use/construction of props, costumes and sets is an asset.
- Know how to have fun!
Due to the structure of the Canadian Summer Jobs grants received by the Pumphouse Theatre, applicants must be currently enrolled as post-secondary students and are continuing their education in the fall of 2018. Pumphouse Theatre is committed to building a culturally diverse environment and encourages applicants from all backgrounds and abilities to apply.
Time commitment is approximately 40 hours per week for 10 weeks, beginning the week of June 25 and continuing through August 31, 2018 (Monday to Friday). For camp descriptions please visit the Drama Class section of our website at www.pumphousetheatre.ca.
Please respond with a cover letter and resume to Kelly Malcolm, Programming Coordinator, by mail, fax or e-mail by May 4th, 2018. No phone calls please. Suitable candidates will be contacted for an interview, which will be held between May 14th-18th 2018.
2140 Pumphouse Avenue SW T3C 3P5