As the one-room schoolhouse that anchors Leighton Art Centre's historic arts education centre celebrates its 100th birthday, and the non-profit Leighton Foundation turns 45 years young, the centre's Gallery Shop & Guest Services Manager Alison Marshall has compiled an engaging and diverse line-up of autumn art & nature workshops!
If you haven't yet taken part in an art or nature experience in the Leighton Art Centre's spectacular Foothills location, you have been missing out on an amazing experience - and autumn is a particularly beautiful time to be there. The drive - 20 minutes from SW Calgary along scenic country and mountainview roads - is worth the visit alone, but the art and nature really make this place special.
Leighton Art Centre members receive 10% off the registration cost of all workshops (and summer camps).
- Birding at the Leighton Art Centre with Jim Critchley (Sept. 7)
- Ink & Twig Drawing with Verna Vogel (Sept. 7)
- Eco-Printing - Printing on Fabric with Nature! (Sept. 7-8)
- Watercolour Plein Air Workshop with Karin Richter (Sept. 8)
- Personal Expression in Acrylic with Sharon Lynn Williams (Sept. 14-15)
- Art of Aging: Transforming the Narrative of Life (Sept. 14-15)
- Open Air Pastel Workshop with Dean Tatam Reeves (Sept. 15)
- The Art of Floral Bundle Dyeing with Irene Rasetti (Sept. 15)
- Capture the Magic: An Exploration of the Art of Nature Photography with Barry Allen (Sept. 21)
- Families in Nature with Alex O' Rourke, Founder of Urban Wild Calgary (Sept. 21)
- Printing from Nature with Karin Huehold (Sept. 21)
- Capture the Magic: An Exploration of the Art of Nature Photography For Teens with Barry Allen (Sept. 22)
- Discovering the Night Sky with Jim Critchley (Sept. 27)
- Traditional Broom Making with David Campbell (Oct. 5)
- The Rural Landscape in Watercolour with Rex Beanland (Oct. 5-6)
- Make your Own Nuno Felt Scarf with Fay Hodson (Oct. 6)
- Families in Nature with Alex O' Rourke, Founder of Urban Wild Calgary (Oct. 19)
- Art Critique with Doug Swinton (Oct. 20)
- Traditional Rug Hooking - Learning the Basics with Holly Kingdon (Oct. 26)
- Melanie Morstad’s Adventures in Colour and Texture Painting Trees (Oct. 26)
- Encaustic 2 Day Workshop with Sharon Lynn Williams (Nov. 23-24)