CLASSIFICATION: Full Time Regular
DATE OPEN: May 10, 2018
DATE CLOSED: June 4, 2018
SALARY: $39,000 - $45,000 Annually Depending on Education & Experience, Comprehensive Benefit Plan
HOURS OF WORK: Monday to Friday, Days 7.75 hrs/day
About The Friends
Since 1986, The Friends of University Hospitals have provided Edmonton patients, families, and hospital staff with comfort and inspiration through its programming. Funded by revenue from accessible retail experiences, grants, and fundraising activities, The Friends carries out inclusive arts programming, and comfort-focused grants to the University Of Alberta Hospitals. www.friendsofuah.org
Are you looking for a rewarding experience that will put your administrative flexibility to the test? The Friends has an exciting opportunity for someone looking to expand their career in the nonprofit sector. You would provide essential support as we bring healing, caring & compassion in all its forms to patients in our hospitals. We seek an energetic, detail orientated administrative professional with a passion for people to help us carry out our mission.
The Friends of University Hospitals Executive Administrator provides administrative support to the Executive Director, Board of Directors, and management staff as needed.
The Friends is a busy, diverse, not-for-profit organization and the Executive Administrator has a key role in coordinating its many moving parts.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Executive Assistant will:
- Assist in the smooth operation and overall management of the Friends organization.
- Manage hospital atrium vendor bookings and assist with other business operations.
- Prepare donation receipts, invoices for payment.
- Make all arrangements for board meetings.
- Perform Timekeeping duties for Friends staff.
- Coordinate reception services in the Friends office.
In addition to these key duties, the Executive Assistant will:
- Maintain the Friends website.
- Coordinate external communications.
- Assist with fund development projects.
- Assist with Arts in Healthcare programs as necessary.
- Assist with the day to day operation of the Nancy Lieberman Special Purpose Fund.
- Work with the Executive Director to complete special projects as needed.
- Office administration diploma, arts and cultural management diploma, or equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- 3 years’ experience in not-for-profit, arts, or business administration.
- Must be well organized, with proven ability to prioritize tasks.
- Able to follow directions and work independently to complete assignments and projects.
- Able to adapt to regular interruptions and changing circumstances.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skill with an ability to work as part of a team.
- Proven ability to write professional correspondence as well as communication materials.
- Ability to exercise good judgement, show initiative and be proactive.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office.
- Experience with: Squarespace, FileMakerPro, Mailchimp and Adobe Creative Suite is an asset.
- Possess a high level of honesty and integrity as well as a strong sense of confidentiality.
- Fundraising experience is an asset.
- General knowledge of basic bookkeeping is an asset.
All employees new to The Friends of University Hospitals must provide a criminal records check.
The Friends is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Only those applicants selected for interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in The Friends!