TITLE: MANAGER OF FINANCE AND OPERATIONS
RESPONDS TO: Executive Director
SUPERVISES: Coordinator of Operations, Marketing Associate, Fund Development Associate, Operations Assistant
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Manager of Finance and Operations (MFO) will lead the transformation and expansion of the MAG’s fundraising efforts. S/He will define the process and implement the infrastructure systems to support substantial growth to support the MAG’s mission and vision for the next 5-10 years. With an eye on all aspects of philanthropic support (membership, annual fund, donor cultivation and retention, corporate relations, grants, foundation support and planned giving), s/he will be a hands-on leader, actively engaged in aligning these efforts to broaden and deepen the MAG’s donor and audience base to fulfill ambitious contributed revenue goals. S/He will continue to build and manage effective and streamlined administrative/ financial systems, including financial accounting, information technology (IT), human resources (HR) and physical infrastructure. As a member of the senior management team, the MFO will be involved with strategic planning, business plans and evaluation. The MFO supervises the Coordinator of Operations, Marketing Associate, Fund Development Associate and Operations Assistant, as well as contractors as the need arises.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
The Operations Manager is responsible for the financial operations of the MAG, including:
- Supporting the Board and the Executive Director in the development of long range financial and capital plans for the organization;
- Supporting the Executive Director in the development of the annual operating budget;
- The development and implementation of effective systems for internal financial control and monitoring;
- The preparation of financial reports such as YTD, Variance, Grants and Year End;
- Payroll processing; Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable;
- Working with Project Team Leaders in the development and monitoring of project budgets and business plans for special projects;
- Monitoring and reporting on Alberta Lottery funds;
- Monitoring and reporting on municipal, provincial and federal grants;
- Providing monthly financial information for each responsibility centre;
- Preparing financial data for the annual Charities Return;
- Preparing financial information for the annual Audit and assisting the auditors as necessary.
Funding and Grant Requests and Reporting (20%)
- Researches opportunities for funding to support the MAG’s operations and special projects;
- Aligns fund development efforts to broaden and deepen the MAG’s donor and audience base. (membership, annual fund, donor cultivation and retention, corporate relations, grants, foundation support, capital giving, planned giving)
- Assists the Executive Director in compiling data and financial information for grant requests from all levels of government;
- Compiles data for the CADAC system (For AFA and Canada Council grants);
- Works with the ED and project leads to prepare grant requests;
- Tracks budgets for grant projects;
- Assists the Executive Director in the preparation of final grant reports.
Strategic Business Planning (15%):
- Assists the Executive Director and the Board to develop sound sustainable business plans for the MAG.
- Works with coordinators in other responsibility areas to develop business plans for special projects.
- Provides strategic advice on all short term and long term financial and operational issues;
- Helps the ED and Board develop a range of possible scenarios as problem-solving aids related to the MAG’s financial well-being.
Human Resources (10%):
- Assists the ED with all HR issues: e.g. recruitment, intake, salary and benefits, exit;
- Responsible for the administration of all Human Resources functions:
- Group Health Care benefits
- Pension Plan administration and audit reports
- Workers Compensation returns
- Vacation records
- Salary Range: $60,000- $70,000 plus a generous benefits package.
Please submit you application to:
Lorna Johnson, Executive Director
Red Deer Museum + Art Gallery
4525 - 47A Avenue
Red Deer, AB T4N 6Z6
Deadline for applications: January 19, 2018