Deadline: Apr 10, 2019 - 11:45 pm
The Audio Recording Engineer Practicum is intended as a continuing education experience for emerging recording engineers with mature artistic insight and advanced practical skills, including significant professional experience or a high level of professional training. Practicum participants learn about equipment, software and recording techniques while working on a wide variety of projects.
Applications are being accepted for the following time periods:
- June 10 – September 7, 2019 for all applicants.
- June 10 – March 31, 2020 for Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada only. This is due to changes made by the Government of Canada to international student visa regulations, effective June 1, 2014.
What does the program offer?
Engineers from around the world participate in our program to benefit from:
- Mentoring by staff producer, engineers, and technologists
- Classes with audio staff and internationally-renowned guest faculty
- Recording live concerts each week in classical, jazz, and contemporary genres
- Recording and producing professional recordings for the international musicians participating in music residency programs
- Working with staff producers and engineers in conjunction with the video production team, recording and mixing lectures and presentations from visiting artists for online consumption
- Supporting audio post-production and interactive media programs
- Interacting with other international audio engineers as well as professional musicians and artists in other disciplines
- Access to professionally-equipped studio spaces
Who should apply?
Applicants should have a combination of formal training and/or professional experience or aptitude in audio engineering. Working knowledge of Pyramix, ProTools, and File Maker Pro is desirable. Applicants will also have a practical understanding of file creation and management.
Applicants will be able to manage resources and produce to schedule, as well as multitask effectively with strong time management and diplomacy skills.
Application Deadline: April 10, 2019
Date: June 10, 2019 - March 31, 2020