“3D – Alberta Sculpture” PROSPECTUS
The Alberta Society of Artists invites all sculpture artists (18 years of age or older) to submit to the exhibition, “3 D” to be held at the Western GM Gallery, Drumheller, AB from Oct 1 – Oct 31, 2018.
Submissions must be freestanding three-dimensional fine art (not functional art) in any durable medium.
Artworks include but are not limited to: ceramics, metals, wood, and mixed media. Could be an assemblage. Must be original. Please consider all aspects of transporting the work to the gallery and installing the piece. The artist is responsible for the removal of their work at the end of the exhibition.
- Do not submit overly heavy works that cannot be handled and installed by the artist.
- Sculpture must be durable and safe for viewing by the public in an unsupervised area.
- Any works deemed unstable will not allowed to remain at venue.
Sculpture should be no more than 3 feet in any direction.
- No work valued over $6000
- No photos or photo concepts
Up to two artworks may be submitted. “Sets” are considered one submission and valued/priced as one artwork.
Deadline for Submissions: July 27, 2018
Notification of Results: August 8, 2018
Artwork Drop-Off: Oct 1 2018 at venue
Exhibition Dates: Oct 1 – Oct 31, 2018
Western GM Gallery, Drumheller
$15.00 submission fee for all non-members
- Submission fees are waived for ASA Associate, ASA Student, ASA Juried & Life Members.