Deadline: Mar 22, 2019 - 5:00 pm
JOB POSTING - CERAMICS TECHNICIAN, STUDIO72
POSITION: 20 hours/week, 6 month contract to start
RATE OF PAY: $25 / hour in addition to studio space
CLOSING DATE: Friday, March 22th, 2019.
START DATE: ASAP
Studio72 is a community-driven, shared, creative workspace. It is a welcoming environment for arts-centered start-ups and non-profits, designers, craftspeople & visual artists. In addition to private offices and individual open-concept studio spaces, we offer a full ceramics studio, as well as dedicated stations for jewelry designers and makers.
This position requires a dynamic, self-motivated, team-player with strong customer service skills, in addition to technical expertise. The technician will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of the ceramics studio, in addition to collaborating with Studio72’s Community Manager to create programming, events and classes and workshops for both for members and the general public. The ideal candidate will strive to foster a safe, welcoming and supportive creative studio environment.
- All operational aspects of the ceramics studio, including: studio maintenance, cleaning and upkeep, kiln loading and unloading, glaze mixing/maintenance, and following and enforcing all ceramics studio guidelines.
- Track, order, and maintain inventory, and budget for supplies.
- Oversight of safe handling and disposal of studio materials, maintain a clean and safe workspace.
- Providing technical support to users and staff to ensure equipment is used properly and safely.
- Working with Community Manager to create programming and scheduling of classes, workshops and events.
- Supporting instructors and students in the various clay programs.
- The successful applicant will have a college diploma or degree or other recognized technical qualifications specializing in ceramics.
- 1- 3 years’ experience in a ceramic studio and some experience as a ceramics technician.
- Experience with programming; coordination and scheduling of classes, workshops, events, volunteers
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Strong time management, multi-tasking and above average organizational and follow-up skills.
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekends.
- Ability to work in a physically demanding job, including regular lifting of 50-75 lbs.
Interested candidates should direct their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5pm MST on Friday, March 22, 2019. Applications should include 3 images of previous ceramics work in addition to a resume and cover letter.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Studio72 encourages diversity and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals. We thank all applicants in advance, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Follow us on Instagram, Twitter & Facebook: @Studio72YEGwww.studio72.ca