Deadline: Dec 15, 2023 - 11:45 pm
Reporting to the Director of Marketing and Communications, the Marketing Coordinator at Theatre Calgary will play a key role in developing and implementing Theatre Calgary’s marketing and communications strategies.
You will work closely with a highly creative team to assist in the production of powerful marketing initiatives that drive greater brand awareness, audience development, sales and global recognition among audiences that positions Theatre Calgary as an industry leader.
This full time position will work closely alongside the Director of Media Relations and the Director of Marketing and Communications to accomplish the diverse and challenging tasks as the theatre breaks new ground involving new strategies and mediums while keeping on top of the project management priorities for the department.
- Strategizing and writing content for emails, e-newsletter, blog, and long-form socials.
- Oversee printing and distribution of all promotional materials, in coordination with the Director of Marketing and Communications.
- Assist Social Media Coordinator in social media creation and management as needed.
- Coordinating all ad and promotional material purchases.
- Help Director of Marketing and Communications with reporting and data-related tasks.
- Collaborate freely with the department as needs and goals arise.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in marketing or digital communications role working in non-profit arts organizations or similar.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, verbal and content creation (design, editorial) skills.
- Solid computer skills MS Office, adobe, web analytics and Google.
- A collaborative mindset.
- Proven ability to work with cross functional teams and ability to maintain a strong network of industry partners and suppliers.
- Strong time management, ability to multi-task and organizational skills.
- An artistic background is an asset, as is previous experience with and in theatre.
- A good working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suites, Sharepoint, Google Docs and Analytics and Canva is an asset.
- Experience with Tessitura or other CRM software is an asset.
Salary and Benefits
Annual Salary: $50,000 – $55,000 pending experience and proven qualifications
After an initial probationary period of 3 months, you will be eligible to join our group RRSP with employer matching. Theatre Calgary also offers an extensive benefits package, unlimited vacation, as well as a flexible hybrid remote work environment. The details of our hybrid work environment will be discussed during the interview process.
About Theatre Calgary
Theatre Calgary’s vision is to stand amongst the best theatres globally as a leader in innovative, impactful and diverse programming. Our mission is to stimulate, provoke and delight through ambitious programming created to ignite local, national and international engagement in a sustainable manner. Theatre Calgary reflects the communities, the country, and the world we live in with ambitious programming, passionate community engagement and extraordinary productions. For more than 50 years, we have focused our energy on providing our community with the highest level of classic and contemporary plays, featuring the best artists from Calgary and across the country.
Theatre Calgary encourages applications from our diverse community. Theatre Calgary is committed to equity, diversity, and inclusion. We recognize that increasing the diversity of our staff, on all levels, is integral to accomplishing this objective. We are creating policies, practices, and programs that work toward the goal of dismantling systemic racism. We welcome all applications from women and gender nonconforming people, people of color, indigenous peoples, people with disabilities, and people of all sexual orientations, and all others who may contribute to the further diversification of Theatre Calgary.
In the spirit of reconciliation, Theatre Calgary acknowledges that we live, work and create on the traditional territories of the Blackfoot Confederacy (Siksika, Kainai, Piikani), the Tsuut’ina, the Îyâxe Nakoda Nations, the Métis Nation (Region 3), and all people who make their homes in the Treaty 7 region of Southern Alberta. They were the original occupants of this land and continue to be here to this day. Theatre Calgary is grateful to have the opportunity to present in this territory.
Please submit applications to: Careers@theatrecalgary.com
We thank all those expressing interest in the role but only those selected for interview will be contacted.
Closing Date for Applications: December 15, 2023. Subject to extension if necessary.