Deadline: May 11, 2020 - 11:45 pm
The Alberta Band Association is currently seeking a half-time (20 hours per week) Program Coordinator. Reporting to the Managing Director, the Program Coordinator is responsible for overseeing the planning and delivery of ABA programs including the Alberta Wind Symphony, Alberta Jazz Ensemble, the Alberta Junior Honour Bands, Music Conference Alberta, and the Provincial Festival of Bands.
Areas of work include but may not be limited to:
- Coordinating the working committees for each program
- Short and long term program planning
- Program delivery and logistics management
- Recruiting and training of volunteers
- Membership engagement
- Coordinating volunteers
- Managing Alberta Band Association guest artists and program participants
- Program marketing and public relations
- Working with the Managing Director in program budgeting
- Momplete and accurate record keeping for all Alberta Band Association programs
- Program assessment and evaluation
The successful applicant will have a passion for band music, band education, and the arts, and will be a strong team player with a positive attitude.
Other job requirements include:
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to understand logistics and how to plan and prepare for major events
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office (experience with QuickBooks an asset)
- Ability to prioritize tasks, multitask, and budget time appropriately
- Advocating for the Alberta Band Association and its programs and services
In addition to working at the Alberta Band Association’s Edmonton office, the successful candidate will be required to be on site for the duration of all Alberta Band Association programs, most of which take place on weekday evenings and weekends. As several ABA programs take place outside of the City of Edmonton, the successful candidate will require a valid driver’s licence and will be expected to provide his/her own transportation as required. Remuneration will be determined based on skills and experience.
To apply, please forward a resume which includes 3 references (reference letters not required) and cover letter to Kimberley Denis, Managing Director, at email@example.com.
The position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. However, interested individuals are encouraged to submit their application materials by May 11, 2020
The Alberta Band Association is one Canada’s largest Provincial Band Associations with approximately 400 members and a program roster of 12-20 component programs annually. For more information about the organization and what we offer, please visit our website at www.albertabandassociation.com.