Date: Mar 16, 2023
Deadline: Apr 24, 2023 - 11:45 pm
- Process all gifts donated to Theatre Calgary in the Tessitura database and ensure that tax receipts and donation acknowledgments are generated correctly and in a timely manner, and in accordance with established Theatre Calgary procedures.
- Assists the Development team with membership benefit fulfillment and year-round stewardship of donors.
- Create, execute, and maintain Tessitura reports and list pulls for the Development Team.
- Assist the Development Associate, Membership with the execution of Annual Giving activities such as Direct Mail and/or e-solicitations.
- Assist with Artistic Champions ticket exchanges.
- Assist the Development Associate, Membership with the execution of all donor events.
- Coordinates and leads all gaming activities, including but not limited to Raffles, and Casinos.
Board Liaison duties:
- Schedules and sends all board and sub-committee meeting invites.
- Takes minutes for all board and sub-committee meetings.
- Prepares, and submits all board and sub-committee meeting materials.
- Assist the Development Associate, Membership with the execution of all board events.
- Coordinates and manages the board and sub-committee contact list.
- Manage request and needs of board members (tickets, documents, etc.).
- Other duties as needed or assigned.
Experience and Qualifications
- Fundraising background (preferably 1-3 years) with knowledge of membership programs and events.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strategic planning skills.
- Strong Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Strong technical skills including knowledge of Tessitura or comparable CRM software.
- Motivated to work towards accomplishing annual financial goals.
- A positive attitude and strong commitment to exemplary customer service.
- Strong interpersonal communications skills and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to solve problems with creativity and efficiency.
- Ability to listen effectively to assist staff and volunteers in identifying and resolving challenges.
- Ability to work nights and weekends, as required.
This position is a full-time permanent position that requires weekend and evening work depending on performances. As this position deals directly with Theatre Calgary patrons and corporate clients it may on occasion require professional interaction to foster ongoing positive relationships.
This job requires periods of standing and occasional lifting of up to 20 lbs.
Salary and Benefits
- Salary Range: $50,000 - $55,000 annual salary.
- After initial probationary period of 3 months, employees will be eligible to join our group RRSP plan with employer matching and comprehensive healthcare program. Full benefit details will be provided upon hire.
About Theatre Calgary
Theatre Calgary’s vision is to stand amongst the best theatres globally as a leader in innovative, impactful and diverse programming. Our mission is to stimulate, provoke and delight through ambitious programming created to ignite local, national and international engagement in a sustainable manner.
Theatre Calgary reflects the communities, the country, and the world we live in with ambitious programming, passionate community engagement and extraordinary productions. For more than 50 years, we have focused our energy on providing our community with the highest level of classic and contemporary plays, featuring the best artists from Calgary and across the country.
Theatre Calgary encourages applications from our diverse community. Theatre Calgary is committed to equity, diversity, and inclusion.
We recognize that increasing the diversity of our staff, on all levels, in integral to accomplishing this objective. We are creating policies, practices, and programs that work toward the goal of dismantling systemic racism.
We welcome all applications from women and gender nonconforming people, people of color, indigenous peoples, people with disabilities, people of all sexual orientations, and all others who may contribute to the further diversification of Theatre Calgary.
In the spirit of reconciliation, Theatre Calgary acknowledges that we live, work and create on the traditional territories of the Blackfoot Confederacy (Siksika, Kainai, Piikani), the Tsuut’ina, the Îyâxe Nakoda Nations, the Métis Nation (Region 3), and all people who make their homes in the Treaty 7 region of Southern Alberta. They were the original occupants of this land and continue to be here to this day. Theatre Calgary is grateful to have the opportunity to present in this territory.
Please submit applications to: email@example.com
We thank all those expressing interest in the role but only those selected for interview will be contacted.
Closing Date for Applications: April 24, 2023 - Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis.