On June 4, 2020, ten up-and-coming Alberta artists and performers were awarded the 2020 Lieutenant Governor of Alberta 2020 Emerging Artist Awards. Each award winner receives a $10,000 cash award, a handcrafted medal and 2020 Emerging Artist certificate.
This year’s recipients are:
- Kablusiak, visual, multidisciplinary artist, Calgary (see their work in the AFA's collection).
- Amy LeBlanc, writer, Calgary
- Bruce Cinnamon, writer, Edmonton
- Carlos Foggin, music, classical, Calgary
- Evan Pearce, multi-media, music, new technology, Edmonton
- Griffin Cork, theatre and film, Calgary
- Lauren Crazybull, visual, Edmonton
- Luc Tellier, theatre, Edmonton
- Molly Wreakes, music, French Horn, Edmonton
- Tamara Lee-Anne Cardinal, visual, multimedia, Calgary
These 10 artists were selected by a provincial jury out of 160 applicants. Congratulations to this year's winners!
Since the launch of the competition in 2008, 53 Emerging Artists have been recognized with this prestigious award. Recipients span the rich offering of visual, performing, film, design and literary professional arts in the province.
Watch the 2020 Lieutenant Governor of Alberta 2020 Emerging Artist Awards announcement here:
Video courtesy of the Lieutenant Governor of Alberta Arts Awards.