Date: Feb 23, 2023
Deadline: May 1, 2023 - 11:45 pm
Summer Drama Day Camp 2023
The Pumphouse Theatre is now accepting applications for 3 full-time drama instructor positions for our annual Summer Drama Day Camp. One of these positions will be designated as a Lead Instructor.
Drama camp activities include the exploration of acting, improvisation, creative movement, voice, sound, storytelling, and playwriting.
The goal of the program is to develop the social interaction and life skills of the young participants through the creative utilization of theatrical techniques.
The instructors also facilitate their students in developing a production, which is performed for friends and family on the final day of camp.
Pumphouse Theatre believes in drama education that encourages creativity, freedom, and a healthy sense of play in our youth.
The Drama Instructors will work under the guidance of the Programming Director to assist in program development and be responsible for the overall execution and creation of the curriculum.
Instructors will also work closely in a leadership relationship with Camp Counselors.
The successful applicants will:
- Possess the ability to supervise and instruct young people between the ages of 7 - 15 and have had previous experience in this area.
- Have a solid understanding of the creative theatre process and have experience and/or education in this area
- Have had at least one term or semester of a Drama/Theatre class and/or Education class
- Display strong communicative and interpersonal skills
- Be committed to the creative development and the theatrical education of the participants
- Experience with working with people with ESL and people with Disabilities is an asset
- Some experience with the creative use/construction of props, costumes and sets is an asset.
- Know how to have fun!
Due to the structure of the Canadian Summer Jobs grants received by the Pumphouse Theatre, applicants must be under 30 years of age. Preference will be given to current and upcoming post-secondary students or recent graduates.
Pumphouse Theatre is committed to building a culturally diverse environment and encourages applicants from all backgrounds and abilities to apply.
The time commitment is approximately 40 hours per week, for 10 weeks, beginning June 19 and continuing through August 25, 2023 (Monday to Friday).
Compensation will range from $18-$20 based on experience. For camp descriptions, please visit the Class & Camps section of our website at www.pumphousetheatre.ca.
Please respond with a cover letter and resume to Kelly Malcolm, Programming Director, by mail, fax or e-mail by May 1, 2023. No phone calls, please.
Suitable candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Thank you in advance to all applicants. We look forward to meeting with you!
2140 Pumphouse Avenue SW T3C 3P5