Deadline: Oct 1, 2023 - 4:00 pm
Deadline: 4 pm, October 1st, 2023
A/P’s Main Gallery is a multifunctional space for exhibition, connection, collaboration, sharing, education, and celebration of printmaking. A/P’s Main Gallery provides paid opportunities for artists from a variety of locations, working in a range of concepts and techniques, to exhibit their work.
A/P provides opportunities for artistic and public communities to experience the diversity of print media art as a contemporary and vital artistic medium. Alberta Printmakers, including the Main Space Gallery is located at 4025 4 St SE, in Calgary (Moh’kins’tsis), Alberta.
Exhibitions will take place between May 2024 and fall 2025.
The selected artists will be paid according to the CARFAC minimum recommended fee schedule for solo project exhibitions (note: A/P is a Category 1 institution defined by CARFAC).
A/P is an inclusive organization that embraces and respects diversity of peoples, opinions, and practices. We therefore encourage applications from equity deserving groups including those BIPOC (black, Indigenous, people of colour) newcomer, LGBTQIA2S+ (Lesbian, Gay, Bisextual, Transgender, Queer/ Questioning, Intersex, Asexual,Two-Spirit), and persons with disabilities.
Applications will be reviewed between October and January by an invited juror or jurors, A/P staff, and members of our community. Applications will be chosen based on artistic and conceptual merit and feasibility of the proposed exhibition within the Main Space Gallery.
When selecting applicants, additional jury considerations will be made with respect to supporting a full exhibition schedule that represents the diversity of print media and artists working in print.
These considerations include and are not limited to:
- Representation of a diversity of peoples, voices, identities, and perspectives
- Representation of varied professional arts training and trajectories such as educational background and current point in one's career
- Representation of a diversity of practices in printmaking such as techniques, materials, and visual approaches
- Representation of a range of subject matter and expressed ideas and concepts through the work
- Representation of a diversity of local, national, and international artists with consideration of geographic location, location of training, and nationality
For more information and how to apply visit our website.
For questions contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or 403-287-1056.