The Caglary International Film Festival's mission is to entertain and engage audiences by curating the most innovative and compelling films, and creating remarkable festival experiences.
The festival is a 12-day showcase of up to 200 multi-genre films from Canada and over 40 other countries, hosting gala events, screenings, award ceremonies and special presentations. Additionally, the festival co-presents other programs, such as Doc Soup, throughout the year.
The Generation Next Venue Coordinator is responsible for the successful operation of all front-of-house activity at the festival venue during the Generation Next program, facilitating an outstanding participant experience. Responsibilities include:
- Be present at the venue through the festival
- Acquire deep knowledge of the festival’s venues, programming, special events, ticketing products and Admissions Policy, so as to provide excellent and informed customer service to all attendees
- Implement the festival’s front-of-house and admissions policies and procedures
- Learn the health & safety procedures of rented venues
- Cooperate with staff of rented venues as necessary
- Work closely with the on-site Schools Coordinator, who will be liaising directly with the Generation Next participants
- Be aware of venue layout and resources for patrons with physical accessibility challenges (e.g. the location of wheel chair seating within cinemas)
- Oversee audience load-in/out and change-over, including theatre cleaning between screenings, line management, crowd control and points of entry, to ensure screenings start on time
- Work with Projectionists to ensure that film testing is complete in a timely fashion before the public is admitted to the auditorium
- Post and/or verbally make audience advisories and announcements as necessary, including assisting with film introductions if required
- Work with the Box Office Coordinator to support smooth operation of the Venue Box Office
- Work with the contracted Screening Technical provider (Binder Productions) and Projectionists to avoid late starts and cancellations
- Manage venue volunteers
- Oversee the paid ushers
- Ensure that film posters are put up and taken down on a daily basis according to the schedule established by Print Traffic
- Troubleshoot as needed at the venue
- Turn over any found items (i.e. items that appear to have been lost by the public) to host venue staff, and directing any ‘lost and found’ inquiries to host venue management
- Submit a daily report to the Operations Manager
- Provide detailed post mortem notes and archived files (hard and electronic) relevant to the position and the work accomplished following the festival
- Outstanding collaborator and team player
- At least two years’ experience in management of front line customer service in a busy, fast-paced environment
- Specific experience working at festivals, special events or theatres is an asset
- Outstanding leadership ability
- Comfort and skill working with large crowds, while providing exceptional customer service
- Comfortable and engaging public speaker
- Exceptional problem-solver and quick learner
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to handle difficult situations with aplomb and grace
- Ability to multitask, and to work calmly and excel under tight timelines
- First Aid training is an asset
Employment Type: Fixed Term Contract
Start Date: Starts September 1, 2018; ends September 30, 2018
Hours: Varying as scheduled. Training will occur pre-festival, with the bulk of the shifts scheduled during the festival (September 19 - 30) as daytime shifts (starting at 8:30am), and may also include evenings and weekends on-site.
Reporting to: Operations Manager
Salary/fee: $1,000 flat for the contract
Email a resume and cover letter in a single document to firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday, July 1, 2018. Please use “Venue Coordinator – Generation Next” as the email subject line.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.