Deadline: Apr 5, 2019 - 4:00 pm
We invite all CARFAC Alberta artist members from all parts of the province to submit images to Shaping Alberta.
CARFAC Alberta is interested in exhibiting the work of artists who - through the creation of art - communicate, influence and build creatively vibrant and connected visual arts communities we live and work in. 8 to 10 artists will be chosen.
All subject matter, styles and techniques are welcome — as long as the work is 2 dimensional and can be hung with D-rings from a track:
Textile . Digital + Photographic . Printmaking . Painting . Drawing . Mixed Media
It is an excellent opportunity to exhibit your work in a group exhibition and have your work seen in Calgary and Edmonton!
Two exhibition venues:
In Calgary, from early September to mid-October, 2019 and in Edmonton, from mid-October to the end of November, 2019. Actual exhibition dates TBA. The work will be exhibited at the Jubilee Auditorium in Calgary (South) and Edmonton (North). Exhibiting artists will receive a nominal artist fee.
For more information, including submission guidelines, download the Call and Entry Form
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
- 4 to 8 images, submitted in the digital JPEG format (.jpg). Digital files must be submitted by email and sized to 1024 pixels on the longest side at a resolution of 72 dpi. (Contact CARFAC Alberta by March 22nd if you need help with sizing your files).
- All images must be labelled as follows: Lastname_number.jpg (e.g.: Smith_01.jpg). Please do not include the name of the work in the file name; that information should go in the image key.
- An image key (document) corresponding to jpg images and including: title, medium, creation date, and size.
- An artist statement relevant to work submitted (1 pg. max).
- An artist biography or CV (3 pgs. max).
- Shaping Alberta Entry Form.
All entries may be submitted by email. If you are unable to email your submission, contact our office. Each entry must have a fully completed entry form. No artist may submit more than eight images.
Submissions must be received at CARFAC Alberta by 4:00pm on Friday April 5th, 2019. Late or incomplete submissions will not be considered.
If any help is required in the submission process, please contact Sharon by email (email@example.com) or by telephone: 780.421.1731 (1.866.421.1731 toll free) by March 29, 2019.