Reporting directly to the Board of Directors, an operating board, the Executive Director is the key management and operations leader of Latitude 53. The Executive Director is responsible for leadership, technical and professional competencies, interpersonal competencies, innovation and dynamic practices and all programming and strategic initiatives of Latitude 53.
The Executive Director:
- Leads all aspects of the operations of Latitude 53 and defines and implements strategic initiatives to foster the financial, organizational and programming vitality of the gallery.
- Works with the staff and board to envision and implement short- and long-term goals that fulfill Latitude 53’s mission.
- Manages and supports staff.
- Creates a collaborative, safe, open and inclusive working environment where individual differences are honoured.
- Oversees finances, fundraising plans and facilities.
- Engages granting agencies and existing donors.
- Proactively cultivates new supporters.
As the senior officer and spokesperson for Latitude 53, the Executive Director is an international leader in the arts community and a vocal advocate for the gallery and artist-run culture, in general.
Applications should consist of a cover letter, curriculum vitae and the names of three references.
Please send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: July 15, 2018