Deadline: Nov 18, 2019 - 11:45 pm
Founded in 1990, the Rozsa Foundation is a philanthropic organization known for effective support and advocacy for the Arts in Alberta. The Foundation builds on the legacy of Drs. Ted and Lola Rozsa, who were acknowledged champions of the Arts through their support of non-for-profit arts organizations active in the City of Calgary.
The Rozsa Foundation supports Transformational Leadership in the Arts:
- Regionally, by funding organizations through regular granting cycles.
- Provincially, by strengthening arts managers through our arts leadership programs and our annual Rozsa Award for Excellence in Arts Management.
- Nationally, by funding and supporting research that informs and strengthens the arts sector as a whole.
Marketing and Communications Manager
DEADLINE TO APPLY: Monday, November 18, 2019
TO APPLY: Please send expression of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Start Date: On or around Wednesday, December 4, 2019 Salary: 30 hours/week @ $30/hour plus health spending account
Travel: Travel will occasionally be required throughout Calgary and to Edmonton for events
Working Hours: Mostly regular working hours, some evening/weekend work required
Reports to: Executive Director Simon Mallett
- Undergraduate degree in arts, communications, public relations or similar field and/or practical communications work experience, ideally in the arts sector.
- Strong written, verbal and story-telling skills.
- Experience in development and implementation of marketing & communications strategy. Excellent grasp of social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn), as well as knowledge of Microsoft Office, Photoshop, Filemaker Pro and web skills including Wix, MailChimp & Google Analytics.
- Eagerness to increase personal communications knowledge, enhance Foundation communications and positively impact the sector.
- Knowledge of the organizations in the Alberta arts sector.
- Knowledge of media outlets and other information dissemination networks.
- Professional comportment as befits a Foundation representative.
- Self-starter and strong team member.
The tasks and responsibilities of the Marketing & Communications Coordinator position include:
- Web & Social Media:
- Maintain website, including design & layout for future expansions
- Create & collect new copy and edit existing copy to ensure clear messaging o Interview Foundation program participants to generate new success stories
- Plan, schedule and post content appropriate to the Foundation on social media
- Gather stats and track metrics re: reach and engagement
- External Communications:
- Create & distribute media releases & calls in a timely and effective manner
- Maintain consistent messaging of our vision, mission and values, as well as key messages
- Cultivate and maintain media relationships, distributions lists & media contact info
- Populate, design & distribute bi-weekly newsletter o Periodic communications with arts sector politicians and government agencies
- Internal Communications:
- Develop, implement & maintain communications strategies (public relations, social media) o Work with other staff to generate content and ensure programs are effectively communicated o Provide written updates for board meetings
- Graphic Design & Marketing:
- Create images & layout for invites and marketing materials, including annual report, pamphlets, posters, brochures and other materials
- Strategic visual distribution of key messages, program info, and Rozsa Award information
- Research & execution of effective ad campaign combining digital and traditional means
- Sourcing media & marketing opportunities in relation to Foundation events and programs o Occasional event photography & videography
- Provide leadership through the development of procedures and processes to improve the effectiveness of the Foundation’s communications
- Ongoing research around effective communications and marketing strategies within the fast-changing provincial media landscape
- Maintain well-organized electronic and print records, updating the database as required
- Attend grantee performance and exhibitions as required for documentation (print and photo)
- Various other assignments as required