Deadline: Sep 1, 2022 - 6:00 pm
Exposure welcomes diverse and innovative submissions from Alberta-based emerging photographers and visual artists who incorporate, celebrate or challenge the photographic medium within their practice.
We are delighted to announce the Exposure 2023 Emerging Photographers Showcase Juror is Tiffany Jones, Publisher of Overlapse (UK/Canada). Overlapse has published internationally recognized and engaging books in collaboration with photographers, artists and storytellers based around the world.
Those who have been selected by the juror will:
- Exhibit their work in the Exposure 2023 Emerging Photographers Showcase exhibition.
- Be invited to become involved with the exhibition’s related programming.
- Be invited to show selected work in a public exhibition presented on Pattison Outdoor digital billboards located in the City of Calgary.
- Have their name and website link featured on the Exposure website as an artist profile, reaching audiences worldwide.
- Have the opportunity to win one of the awards presented by Exposure, GRAIN Projects, Shutter Hub, The Magenta Foundation and TREX Southwest.
- Receive $161 Artist Fee (in line with CARFAC recommended Fee Schedule)
- Receive $150 Production Expense Allocation with Exposure 2023 Print Partner, ABL Imaging Group, to cover/support costs of printing work for the exhibition.
- Have their work promoted in the Exposure 2023 official press release pack.
All those who submit their work will:
- Have the opportunity to be featured on the Exposure Photography Festival curated Instagram account reaching audiences worldwide! Exposure will be sharing examples of strong submissions throughout the duration of the open call. To enhance your chance of being featured on our platform, please make sure you submit your work early.
- Gain visibility with the juror and Exposure team.
Submission Fee: $35 CAD for 10 images
Deadline: September 1, 2022 at 6pm MST
For more information visit exposurephotofestival.com/eps2023.
We encourage submissions from members of underrepresented groups, and we welcome submissions from gender and sexually diverse individuals, racialized persons/persons of colour, women, Indigenous/Aboriginal People of North America, persons with disabilities.
Exposure is committed to supporting individuals who face barriers in applying for its opportunities. If you require assistance, please email Exposure Coordinator Beth Kane – email@example.com.