The Work of the Week for November 6 - 13, 2017 is Ill Equipped & Unprepared by April Dean.
This work is featured in the exhibition This Art Makes Me Feel… at McMullen Gallery at the University of Alberta Hospital, which ran until December 3, 2017. The exhibition featured 21 artworks from the AFA art collection.
Edmonton-based artist, April Dean was one of the speakers at a special event This Art Makes Me Feel…: Conversations with Guest Speakers, held at the McMullen Gallery on Thursday November 9.
Guest Speakers completed the sentence "This Art Makes Me Feel...", addressing an artwork of their choosing from the current exhibition. Speakers shared insight from their professional and personal perspectives.
Guest Speakers included:
- April Dean, Executive Director, Society for Northern Alberta Print Artists and Edmonton artist
- Krista Marsden, Patient Education Specialist, Tom Baker Cancer Centre
- Dr. Melinda Pinfold, Chair of the Friends of University Hospitals and Professor in the U of A’s Faculty of Fine Arts (History of Art, Design and Visual Culture)
- Chrystal Plante, Stollery Children’s Hospital, Family Room
- Dr. Brian Stonehocker, Psychiatrist, U of A Hospital and Assistant Clinical Professor, University of Alberta School of Medicine and Dentistry
We streamed the discussion via the Alberta Foundation for the Arts' Facebook page. Check out latest videos to watch!