Summer job opportunity: Alberta's Future Leaders Mentor
Do you have a passion for making a positive difference? Assist Alberta’s Indigenous communities in creating healthy opportunities for youth by becoming an Alberta’s Future Leaders program mentor this summer.
The Alberta's Future Leaders Program (AFL) is a community and youth development program that provides programming opportunities to Indigenous youth. By engaging youth through sport, art, recreation, leadership and by participating in cultural activities, the AFL program aims to promote active, positive, healthy and creative lifestyles.
Indigenous Communities partnered with the AFL Program will employ two AFL Mentors from April 28 to August 22, 2018. As a mentor, you will:
- Live in, and be employed by, an Indigenous community within Alberta
- Be involved in the unique cultural history, traditions, and protocols of your host community
- Role model an active, positive lifestyle with youth age 9-20
- Organize and facilitate daily sport, arts, recreation, leadership and cultural activities for youth with a fellow mentor
- Plan and lead sport/arts camps, active trips, and leadership opportunities
- Do challenging work you can be proud of while pushing yourself out of your comfort zone
Applications will be accepted until February 25, 2018. For more information on the position please follow these links: