The Nina Haggerty Centre for the Arts provides a studio where artists who have developmental disabilities can explore their creative potential and contribute to Edmonton’s art community. The Stollery Gallery is located within the Nina (pronounced N-eye-na) and displays 12-19 exhibitions per year from underrepresented artists.
We are accepting proposals from practicing contemporary artists or collectives for exhibitions in 2018 during August – November.
Commission for Sales in the gallery is 20% - exhibits that are not for sale (installations, performance works etc.) will receive a $500 honorarium. The centre provides an opening reception including refreshments and live music as well as a printed invitation.
Please include the following in your submission:
- About you
- Artist’s statement about your work
- Examples of recent work (photographs, CD, DVD or video)
- About your proposed exhibit
- Description of exhibition (including title, theme)
- Number of works and how they will be displayed/ installed
- List of works with titles, media, date and size
Proposals can be sent via mail or email, or dropped off during our business hours: Monday-Friday from 10-2 or Saturday from 1-3.
For more information, please contact us:
The Nina Haggerty Centre for the Arts
9225 118 Ave NW
Phone: (780) 474-7611