Studio C is proud to announce the SPARK Disability Art Festival 2017, to be held in multiple venues across Calgary November 27 through December 8. This year’s festival will include juried and satellite exhibitions as well as other public programs sponsored by the Friends of the Alberta Jubilee Auditorium Society.
To learn more about SPARK, check out our new website
SPARK CALL FOR VISUAL ARTISTS: The Call for Visual Art to be included in this year’s festival is now open. Continue reading for details on eligibility and how to submit. The deadline for visual art submissions is September 30, 2017.
ELIGIBILITY: SPARK’s visual art exhibitions are open to all artists with a disability. The SPARK Festival is committed to equity and inclusion and welcomes applicants from diverse communities including emerging and established artists with developmental, physical, or sensory disabilities, mental illness, brain injury, and/or chronic illness.
- There is no entry fee! All two- and three-dimensional media is considered eligible.
- Each artist may submit up to 3 entries for consideration. Artwork cannot exceed 60 inches in any direction.
- Pieces must be framed, wired or otherwise ready for exhibition. The Festival will provide signage to accompany each piece, including the artist’s name and title of the piece.
- All artwork submitted must be available for display between the dates of November 27 - December 8.
- Upon acceptance, artists will be responsible for all shipping costs involved in the delivery of artwork to and from the receiving agency. Shipping instructions, dates and times will be included in the artist’s acceptance letter.
- Artists selling work will receive a 90% commission from the sale of each piece sold (SPARK will deduct 10%).
- All artwork will be handled with the utmost care, however the SPARK Festival Team cannot accept liability for loss or damage during the festival.
Visual art submissions are being accepted until 11:59pm on September 30, 2017. For help with your submission, contact Roxanne Taylor.
For all other inquiries, contact Colin Menzies at Studio C:
Attn: SPARK Festival
Suite #235, 1721 29th Ave SW
Calgary AB T2T 6T7