Background on Pro Coro Canada
Founded in 1981, Pro Coro Canada is one of only a few professional choirs in Canada. Under the direction of Michael Zaugg the choir is widely recognized as one of this country’s finest.
The choir presents eight subscription concerts per season and is also contracted for performances by other professional arts organizations. Recent highlights include two live recording releases, a composer-in-residence program with Grammy nominated composer Uģis Prauliņš, and critically acclaimed tours of four provinces.
Reporting to the General Manager (GM), the Accounts Manager works with the Office Manager and the General Manager to ensure all financial information is processed in an accurate and timely basis. Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Deposit all cheques in the appropriate account in a timely manner
- Record the source of all revenue
- Issue receipts for all revenue received from grant giving agencies, sponsors and donors
- Ensure all revenue that requires a Charitable Tax Receipt is accurately recorded and the appropriate tax receipt issued
- Ensure that all invoices are paid and recorded in a timely manner
- Ensure the appropriate source deductions are made and remitted as required
- Ensure all contract workers are paid appropriately
- Prepare reports for the GM and Board of Directors as may be required
- Assist in the preparation of the budget
- Ensure all incidental expenses are properly authorized, accounted for and recorded
- Prepare bank reconciliations on a monthly basis
- Assist in preparation of TA’s, T4A’s, and T4A-NR’s as required
- Plan payment schedules, prepare cheques for signature and cheque registers for signing authorities
- Assist in the preparation for the annual audit
- Assist in the preparation of the Charitable Tax Return
This is a part time contract position with fluctuating hours of work averaging 10 hours per week over 12 months. Hours are flexible and compensation is negotiable. Time permitting, the accounts manager will also support the Office Manager with box office duties. An accounting diploma and/or experience in an arts organization would be considered assets.
The job will remain open until filled. Please send your resume to the attention of Mireille Rijavec, General Manager, Pro Coro Canada. For more information, please contact Mireille at (780)420-1247.