Reporting to the Executive Director, the Director of Education is an integral member of the Leighton Art Centre Team.
The position encompasses diverse responsibilities including, but not limited to, planning and administering an educationally-relevant Art & Nature program, Art-to-Go program, Art & Nature Summer Camp, Community Group Programs, and space/studio rental at the Leighton Art Centre that ensures survival and growth of all of the above-listed programs.
The Director of Education will be responsible for the day to day operations of the Education Centre, including its facilities, staff and programs. The Director of Education is responsible for helping develop, plan, prepare and organize the curriculum based art education programs combining the Strategic Framework with Art & Nature. The Director of Education will work every day with Art & Nature Educators, visiting teachers, students, parents, volunteers, and Leighton Art Centre guests.
The Director of Education will:
- be aware of changing curriculum needs and new trends in arts education
- seek funding from various granting agencies
- work with the Executive Director to plan an annual Education budget and operate the Education Centre within the confines of that budget
- work closely with the Communications Coordinator to successfully market Education Centre programs to see growth in audience
- work closely with the Director of Exhibitions and Museum to develop relevant programming based on the permanent and temporary exhibitions
- work closely with the Workshop Coordinator to ensure scheduling of studio space
This is a full-time permanent position offering a competitive salary and benefits package. Hours: Monday – Friday 8:30 am – 4:30 pm, with some weekend work required.
For a complete job description, including information on how to apply for this exciting opportunity, please visit the Leighton Art Centre website: www.leightoncentre.org/jobs-at-leighton
Deadline for applications is July 16, 2018.
Leighton Art Centre thanks all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.