Contemporary Calgary's mission is to provide Calgary and its visitors with a significant visual arts destination dedicated to modern and contemporary art. Contemporary Calgary shares a passion for art that is relevant, meaningful and challenging. We believe in the power of art to transform the places and the lives we live.
In June 2018, Contemporary Calgary entered a lease agreement with the City of Calgary to transform the historic Centennial Planetarium into a significant destination for modern and contemporary art. It will become a venue for exhibitions, distinguished speaker series and educational programs and will also function as a broader cultural hub. The Centennial Planetarium will be a place that is welcoming, accessible and inclusive to all.
Contemporary Calgary is non-collecting.
Contemporary Calgary is accepting applications for the role of Marketing Manager. Reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer, the Marketing Manager is responsible for shaping and promoting the Contemporary Calgary Brand and encouraging engagement, participation and traffic to our exhibitions and public programs and events.
- Develop marketing strategies, plans, campaigns, and calendars to support the activities of Contemporary Calgary.
- Plan and implement advertising campaigns across multiple channels, with specific emphasis in digital advertising, print, radio, outdoor, and direct mail
- Meet with media representatives to discuss and secure campaigns and media sponsorships, and follow through with creating contracts, budgets, and fulfillment where applicable.
- Plan and deploy promotional campaigns to heighten awareness for specific exhibitions or events.
- Plan, execute and manage all facets of email marketing (ideas, content, messaging, scheduling, posting, tracking, and analysis for improvement).
- Manage Contemporary Calgary membership campaigns including database and communications management.
- Implement and manage email marketing automation system to setup and distribute emails to various audience groups.
- Monitor and administer web analytics dashboards, reports and key reporting tools, and point out key areas of importance in accordance with goals.
- Manage relationship and collaborate with our advertising consulting firm.
- Optimize conversion rates across ads, landing pages, channels and tactics. Ability to set-up and run A/B tests, analyze results and make recommendations.
- Manage campaign lists including pulling and cleansing lists to ensure data quality and compliance.
- Routinely analyze and report on advertising and promotions metrics and recommend methods to improve performance.
- Manage Contemporary Calgary website and social media accounts, including content creation and community management.
- Responsible for reviewing web analytics and account dashboards, reports and key reporting tools, and develop strategies to improve results.
- Conduct audience surveys, collect and analyze data to use in the development of future marketing initiatives and audience satisfaction.
- Bachelor’s or College Degree in Marketing, Communications, or equivalent.
- 4+ years’ experience. Experience in the visual arts and/or non-profit sector considered an asset.
- Microsoft Office proficient – Word, PowerPoint, Excel.
- Proficient in Macintosh Operating System environment.
- Possess strong technology skills and the love of learning new things.
- Must be very organized, detail oriented and have strong analytical skills.
- Budget-management skills and experience.
- Analytical skills to forecast and identify trends and challenges.
- Familiarity with the latest trends, technologies and methodologies in marketing and advertising.
- Thrive working on multiple, concurrent projects and able to prioritize time.
- Working knowledge of email marketing software.
- Experience with website performance analysis.
- High level of independence and efficiency.
- Knowledge of website administration would be an asset.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
The Marketing Manager reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer.
APPLICATION AND RECRUITMENT PROCESS
This position has a 35-hour work-week, with occasional evening and weekend work required. A competitive compensation package, including extended health benefits, is offered.
To apply candidates should submit a letter of interest and CV in a PDF document in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference “Marketing Manager” in the subject line.
Posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Expected Start Date: December 2018 Term: Full-Time
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and inclusiveness. We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.