Deadline: May 5, 2020 - 11:45 pm
The challenges we face in our work are increasingly complex, cultural, and dynamic – and they demand courageous, creative responses. To make a real difference, leaders must stretch beyond conventional answers to bring about new solutions that people want to be part of. Leadership opportunities arise from the ability to focus on the possible, the potential, and the promising – rather than on the correct, the complete, or the certain – and from learning to create what’s next.
In this program, experience a design thinking process first-hand to develop the mindsets and methodologies that have sparked many of the world’s most engaging experiences, successful initiatives, and entrepreneurial solutions. Develop practices for exploring system-level challenges more deeply and building the confidence to respond in ways that both delight and deliver value to those you serve.
What does the program offer?
- Challenge assumptions and ask better questions to move beyond old patterns and radically expand the set of possible responses
- Gain insight into the motivations, aspirations, and behaviours of those you serve, e.g., your stakeholders, customers, or citizens
- Increase your comfort with uncertainty and suspend decision-making while continuing to move forward; test and refine ideas before investing in execution
- Apply visual tools to collaborate on shaping ideas
- Use techniques that build team relationship for creativity and growth mindsets
- Practice an intense, immersive approach to tackling challenges to experience the “flow-state” that comes from letting go of control – sharing ideas before ready, learning by doing, and trusting the creative process
- Create new things that resonate and fit with peoples’ lives, and in so doing, provide more meaningful experiences and achieve greater impact
- Practice inclusivity by engaging diverse perspectives in shaping both opportunities and solutions, and allowing the best ideas to emerge from the intelligence of the whole
Who should register?
This program is an ideal fit for those who work in complex environments and want to create new responses to the challenges and opportunities they see. It will resonate with those who serve internal or external clients, partners, constituents, or beneficiaries within the private, public, or not-for-profit sector.
Leading by Design will be most powerful for those who come to the program with a sense of what can be gained from challenging assumptions. It is not for those who don’t want to work intensely and collaboratively with others.
Please note, our programs are filled on a first come, first served basis. Please register early to secure a confirmation of your spot.
Application Deadline: May 5, 2020
Program Dates: June 7 - 11, 2020
REGISTER ONLINE: http://bit.ly/2YTxcNB
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information!