Deadline: Jun 30, 2020 - 11:45 pm
The Kathleen & Russell Lane Canadian Art Award
The Kathleen & Russell Lane Canadian Art Award is for Canadian students working in visual arts (applied arts, drawing, multimedia (excluding electronic), photography, painting, printmaking or sculpture).
There is one award of approximately $1,000 that will be applied directly to tuition.
The following criteria must be met for consideration of the Kathleen & Russell Lane Canadian Art Award.
- Be a Canadian citizen.
- Be registered in full-time study at a post-secondary institution in Alberta.
- Be entering their final year of studies in visual arts (excluding electronic media).
- Have good academic standing.
- The applicant must provide:
- An artist’s statement and vision, including how this award will be helpful in the applicant’s artistic and academic career. (maximum 1,000 words).
- A maximum of eight electronic images of work with an attachment that details title, year, medium and size of each work. Each image must be a JPEG with a maximum of 1024 pixels, 72DPI in resolution.
- Two letters of reference (one must be from a studio professor).
The deadline to apply is June 30, 2020, midnight.
Eligible applicants are encouraged to visit calgaryfoundation.org to explore the student awards page.
To be directed to the student awards online portal to begin an application, select apply now on the image on the awards page. If there are any questions regarding the award, please contact email@example.com.