The Minister of Culture and Tourism is seeking applications from individuals interested in serving as Members of the Alberta Foundation for the Arts. The AFA Board is responsible for policy and funding decisions in support of Alberta artists and arts organizations. The Board oversees AFA programming and operations that implement the AFA Strategic Plan. This includes the review and approval of all grants, awards and art acquisition for the AFA Collection.
Members of the Foundation are expected to act in the best interests of the Foundation and the Government and to exercise care, diligence and skill in carrying out their duties, which include:
- attending Board meetings and service on committees;
- reviewing and voting on policy and other matters, including the awarding of grants;
- reviewing and revising as necessary the by-laws and policies of the Foundation;
- participating in the development of the Foundation’s Strategic Plan;
- developing and approving the annual budget; and
- working to enhance relations between the community and the Foundation.
An appointment of each member is for a term generally of three years but may be longer, with the potential for reappointment based on satisfactory performance. An individual’s appointment is limited to a maximum of ten years of continuous service.
The deadline to apply is September 24. See the full posting here.