The Calgary Philharmonic Orchestra is looking for an organized, professional Front of House (FOH) Coordinator to join its Marketing + Sales team. They will be a key member of the CPO administrative team and must demonstrate the core values of the CPO with particular emphasis on professionalism, sound judgment, and ethics.
The FOH Coordinator oversees general FOH operations and ensures a smooth patron experience before, during, and after all CPO concerts.
The FOH Coordinator reports to the Director, Marketing + Sales and works collaboratively with the full administrative team and orchestra musicians. This is a part-time position paid hourly.
Front of House Coordination:
- Oversee the lobby set up/tear down prior to and during performances.
- On-site management of volunteers.
- Liaise with Arts Commons FOH and CPO production teams.
- Create and circulate FOH notes ahead of CPO concerts, working actively with CPO and Arts Commons staff to ensure all details are considered and are effectively communicated.
- Provide superior customer service to CPO audience.
- Assist with any additional Front of House needs.
- Plan and arrange the procurement of artist recordings featured in CPO concerts.
- Maintain CPO merchandise.
- Price merchandise accordingly.
- Manage merchandise table at concerts, including handling of financial transactions and reconciliation of sales.
- Provide monthly sales reports.
- Previous experience in FOH and/or retail sales an asset.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Experience in a not for profit or performing arts organization an asset.
- Knowledge of classical music and/or a sincere interest in arts and culture.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and in a team.
- This is a part-time position paid hourly (estimated 30 hours per week).
- Term employment position from September 2019 to June 2020 (10 months), with renewal opportunity.
- Includes evening and weekend work.
- The Calgary Philharmonic Orchestra is an equal opportunity employer.
Please send cover letter, resume and salary expectations by email to HR@calgaryphil.com.
Thank you for your interest in the Calgary Philharmonic Orchestra. Please note only successful candidates will be contacted.
About the Calgary Philharmonic Orchestra
The Calgary Philharmonic Orchestra (CPO) is a pillar of Calgary’s vibrant arts community and since 1955 has grown to be one of Canada’s most celebrated live music ensembles. Each Season, the CPO presents classical masterworks, pop favourites, bold collaborations, and cutting-edge new works.
Led by Music Director Rune Bergmann, the CPO consistently attracts world-renowned guest artists and dynamic conductors. The orchestra welcomes over 100,000 visitors annually and, in 2017, launched its live-stream initiative—an immersive, digital concert experience for audiences around the world.