Deadline: Oct 7, 2021 - 11:45 pm
Executive Director, Alberta Band Association
The Alberta Band Association is currently seeking a two-thirds time (25 hours per week) Executive Director.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director is responsible for overseeing the smooth operation of the Association, its programs, governance, and fund development. This position has the possibility to grow into a full-time position after the first year, pending funding and Association needs.
Areas of work include but may not be limited to:
- fund development and grant writing
- governance and policy development
- short and long term strategy development
- act as a key collaborator on program planning and delivery
- membership development
- act as a key representative of the Association in the community
- supervision of ABA staff including the Program Coordinator, Operations Manager and Library Assistant
- liaising with the Board of Directors
- marketing and public relations plan development
- complete and accurate record keeping and reporting for all Alberta Band Association programs
The successful applicant will have a passion for band music, band education, and the arts, and will be a strong team player with a positive attitude. Other job requirements include:
- experience supervising, managing and leading staff and volunteers in a not-for-profit organization
- experience working with a Board of Directors
- exceptional project and financial management skills
- experience with fund development and successful grant writing experience
- an understanding of logistics and experience mounting large events
- experience in working across multiple digital platforms, website development, and social media
- strong organizational skills
- strong leadership skills
- the ability to work independently
- excellent interpersonal skills
- excellent verbal and written communication skills
- exceptional computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office and Quickbooks
- advocating for the Alberta Band Association and its programs and services
- post-secondary education in business, music, arts administration or another related field is an asset but not required
In addition to working at the Alberta Band Association’s Edmonton office, the successful candidate will be required to be on site for Alberta Band Association programs, most of which take place on weekday evenings and weekends. As several ABA programs take place outside of the City of Edmonton, the successful candidate will require a valid driver’s licence and will be expected to provide their own transportation as required.
Remuneration will be determined based on skills and experience.
To apply, please forward a resume which includes 3 references (reference letters not required) and cover letter to Kimberley Denis, Managing Director, at email@example.com
The position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. However, interested individuals are encouraged to submit their application materials by 7 October 2021
The Alberta Band Association is one Canada’s largest Provincial Band Associations with approximately 400 members and a program roster of 12-20 component programs annually.