Box Office Sales Assistant is a member of the Marketing + Sales Team providing ticket sales and service to patrons at our CORE Box Office Location. The candidate must demonstrate the core values of the Calgary Philharmonic Orchestra with particular emphasis on professionalism, sound judgement, customer service, and ethics. Box Office Sales Assistant reports to the Associate Director, Sales. This is a part-time position paid hourly.
- Communicate with patrons in a positive and professional manner providing the highest level of customer service
- Work directly with customers to facilitate single tickets sales and address ticket related inquiries
- Data entry, tracking, research, cash handling, and reconciliation
- Regular reporting on sales initiatives and input on ways to improve
- Patron focused customer service experience with emphasis on relationship building
- Outgoing and able to engage and interact with potential clients to drive sales
- Ability to learn new concepts quickly and adapt in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and in a team
- Dependable and reliable with strong attention to detail
- Previous arts administration or ticketing experience an asset
- Resourceful, independent, and remains calm under pressure
- Must be available to work 9:30AM to 3:30PM Fridays during the 2019/2020 Season with potential to join a relief pool for additional shifts
- CORE Box Office Location: 3rd Floor, CORE Shopping Centre – 324 8 Ave SW
- Office location: Arts Commons, Floor 2, 205 8 Avenue SE Calgary AB T2G 0K9
- The Calgary Philharmonic Orchestra is an equal opportunity employer
The Calgary Philharmonic Orchestra (CPO) is a pillar of Calgary’s vibrant arts community and since 1955, has grown to be one of Canada’s most celebrated live music ensembles. Each Season, the CPO presents classical masterworks, pop favourites, bold collaborations, and cutting-edge new works.
Led by Music Director Rune Bergmann, the CPO consistently attracts world renowned guest artists and dynamic conductors. The Orchestra welcomes over 100,000 visitors annually and, in 2017, launched its live-stream initiative — an immersive, digital concert experience for audiences around the world.