Deadline: Dec 6, 2019 - 11:45 pm
Looking for a career inspired by creativity, driven by making a difference in people and community, while being encouraged to develop yourself in the process? Do you like to be surrounded by a diverse group of thought provoking individuals who will challenge the status quo and make life in Wood Buffalo better for everyone? Are you someone who likes to work in a fast-paced collaborative environment where you’ll contribute to strategy and development of engaging and educational programs and services that impact the Wood Buffalo community? Arts Council Wood Buffalo is looking for an individual with a creative spark, a get-it-done attitude, who imagines the possibilities and invents them into reality.
Arts Council Wood Buffalo (ACWB) is a charitable organization that supports the growth and success of the arts. Nestled in the Boreal Forest, Fort McMurray is the urban service centre for Wood Buffalo, with a rich local history, nine rural communities, and residents from all over the world. ACWB offers programming for regional artists and arts organizations in order to build their capacity to compete and thrive locally and nationally. Partnership projects with other organizations also provide innovative arts programming for the wider community. Arts Council is seeking an individual to lead all aspects of this programming including: planning, development, delivery, and evaluation.
Summary of Responsibilities
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Program Manager is responsible for:
- Planning and delivery of ACWB’s development and partnership programs.
- Developing annual budgets and maintaining financial reporting relating to the programs.
- Creating an evaluation framework for each program and conducting annual evaluations for all program areas.
- Managing the registration and logistics for all ACWB programs.
- Supervising contract employees and any program staff.
- Participating in community engagement events and opportunities.
- Occasional evening and weekend work will be required.
Qualifications and Experience
- A post-secondary degree/diploma in cultural management, or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of two years of program management, preferably in the cultural sector.
- Experience in program delivery and evaluation.
- Knowledge of the Alberta arts and culture sector. (Knowledge of, and passion for, the Wood Buffalo arts community would be an asset.)
- Excellent interpersonal relationship and communication skills (both written and oral).
- Proficient in the use of computers (word processing, spreadsheets, etc.) and other technology.
- Sense of humour.
Find full job description at https://artscouncilwb.ca/careers/
$60,000 – $70,000 per annum based on experience and credentials. Access is also provided to a benefits package and professional development funds after a probationary period.
Please submit a cover letter and résumé by email to Liana Wheeldon, Executive Director at email@example.com.
Application deadline is Friday, December 6, 2019. Please note that it is our practice to only contact those candidates who are chosen to proceed in the interview process.