Reporting to the VP, Programming, the Associate Director, Education is responsible for the strategy, management, implementation, and continued development of a comprehensive arts education program.
You are passionate about education and lifelong learning, and you understand the value in providing educational experiences, both in schools and in community, inspired through the arts. With a successful management track record in performing arts education, you can bring energy, passion, and an appreciation for the value of arts learning.
You possess an arsenal of excellent interpersonal skills, as evident in the relationships you build within the educational field and with community groups, teaching artists, and students. You are dynamic, people-oriented, and assertive, and you thrive well both individually and in collaboration with others.
As an education specialist, you utilize your knowledge to conceive and conceptualize innovative programs within the arts education field to advance Arts Commons? strategic initiatives and role in education. You are a champion for experimental thinking and fresh approaches to arts education.
Who we are:
Arts Commons is embarking on a new path to support the Arts Commons ecosystem inclusive of artists, resident companies, and community groups. As one of the largest performing arts centres in Canada, Arts Commons strives to break down barriers to cultural participation by providing a modern, open, and inclusive gathering space in a central location.
Stewards of an arts ecosystem
- Our mandate is to provide and care for our assets
An Arts Presenter
- Our mandate is to produce and present multiple series, presentations and education programs annually
- Our mandate is to ensure optimal access and utilization of our assets, by ourselves, our Resident Companies, and the community at large
What we offer:
On top of the excitement of working with a team of committed performing and visual arts professionals at one of Canada's top performing arts facilities, Arts Commons offers a competitive salary and a wide range of benefits:
- A collaborative, engaging and values driven work environment
- A salary in the range of $70,000 - $80,000
- A comprehensive health and dental benefits package, with RSP matching and access to an Employee & Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- A positive working culture, keeping employee health and wellness a priority with generous paid time off policies and an annual lifestyle allowance
- A dynamic role that will have you engaging with the arts and communities in many different areas
What we value:
We are looking for individuals who share our vision of building a creative and compassionate society, inspired through the arts. Our team is made up of people with a diverse range of interests - singers, actors, musicians, playwrights, coaches, teachers, gamers, bakers, photographers, athletes, dancers. People whose interests encompass the widest spectrum. We even have furry, four-legged friends in the office. We value people who strive to do the right thing, and work to be their best. People with open minds, hearts and arms.
What you will get to do here:
Utilizing innovative approaches to learning and education, the Associate Director, Education helps schools, students, teachers and our community enrich their lives through meaningful educational and personal connections inspired through the arts. This position is focused on making art accessible to visitors of all ages and backgrounds and helping them feel welcomed and intrigued to learn more when exposed to new artistic experiences and ideas for the first time.
The Associate Director, Education manages the education portfolio and provides direction and support for departmental initiatives relating to the strategic alignment of education programs with our Presenting and Social Impact activities. This role also leads and manages interdepartmental workflow required for the successful achievement of programs, and continually works to identify and cultivate new opportunities for the strategic development of education revenue streams and relationships.
Strategic Goals: Lead, oversee and develop programs that align with strategic plans and initiatives for the advancement of arts education and Arts Commons' role in education.
Where you fit within our ecosystem: The Associate Director, Education is a member of Arts Commons' Programming team. In this role, you will manage direct reports, work closely with all members of Programming, as well as with contracted artists, teachers, youth and students, and community groups. Additionally, this position works regularly with the Brand & Audience Development, Finance, and Development teams. Leveraging Arts Commons' existing programs and relationships alongside the experience and perspective that you bring, you will be at the forefront of deepening Arts Commons' value and impact in community through education.
You will be a great fit if you...
- Minimum 5 years of Arts Education management experience
- 5-10 years' experience in the arts or education sectors with proven leadership, supervisory skills, and increasing responsibilities
- Ability to manage a workflow through project initiation, planning, execution, monitoring and closing in an accurate and timely manner
- Rigorous attention to detail, logistics
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude
- Excellent communication skills - listening, receiving, clarifying, consolidating, and conveying
- Experience with creating and managing a departmental budget and forecasting
- Experience with school boards, schools and educational institutions
- Experience with strategic agreements and contracts
- Experience with Office 365 and SharePoint platforms
- Demonstrated organizational skills necessary to prioritize and accomplish concurrent assignments that have overlapping workflow
- Valid First Aid, Driver's License and Vulnerable Sector Check (PIC)
- Values driven, with a passion for the arts!
Nice to have:
- Post-secondary education in Arts Education or Business, or a relevant diploma/degree from a recognized theatre school or comparable education and experience
- Established relationships and experience with teaching artistsExperience with software such as Tessitura, ArtsVision
For more information about this job opportunity, contact Glennl Miguel at email@example.com.