Deadline: Jan 26, 2021 - 11:45 pm
Indigenous leaders, managers, and directors are faced with increasingly complex issues, accelerated change, and new ways of doing business. They are also finding new and creative ways to move beyond standard corporate models of governance to embrace culturally grounded models of Indigenous governance.
This program will explore the structure and management of a governing body for maximum efficiency and effectiveness, with particular focus on building solid foundations for Indigenous governance.
Participants will come away with tools to understand their leadership style in order to strengthen governance foundations, facilitate new processes, run more productive meetings, and be more effective decision-makers.
What does the program offer?
- Principles of governance and wise practices in community development
- Structures of governance
- 'Indigenizing’ corporate systems of governance to make the corporate model work for you
- Ensuring organizational effectiveness through governance at the board/council level
- New insights on roles, responsibilities, and performance
- Strategic planning and management systems
- Legal and financial responsibilities of governing bodies
- Emotional intelligence and team effectiveness
Who should register?
- Chiefs and senior administrators of First Nations, Tribal Councils, Métis Councils, and Inuit and Northern communities
- Indigenous economic and social development agencies
- Legal entities for Indigenous profit and not-for-profit organizations
- Managers and administrators of service delivery agencies and organizations
- Indigenous arts and culture organizations
- Urban Indigenous organizations
*Please note, our programs are filled on a first come, first served basis. Please register early to secure a confirmation of your spot.
Financial Assistance may be available to subsidize some of the costs to attend your program. Applicants have to select "Yes" to the apply funding in registration, then fill out our funding form through Student Portal.
Program Dates: February 18 - March 11, 2021
Registration Deadline: January 26, 2021
Learn more or apply online: https://bit.ly/3lMjNSr