Contemporary Calgary's mission is to provide Calgary and its visitors with a significant visual arts destination dedicated to modern and contemporary art. Contemporary Calgary shares a passion for art that is relevant, meaningful and challenging. We believe in the power of art to transform the places and the lives we live.
In June 2018, Contemporary Calgary entered a lease agreement with the City of Calgary to transform the historic Centennial Planetarium into a significant destination for modern and contemporary art. It will become a venue for exhibitions, distinguished speaker series and educational programs and will also function as a broader cultural hub. The Centennial Planetarium will be a place that is welcoming, accessible and inclusive to all.
Contemporary Calgary is non-collecting.
Contemporary Calgary is accepting applications for the role of Executive Assistant. Reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer, the Executive Assistant’s responsibilities include:
- Promptly receive and screen incoming telephone calls to the CEO, providing a friendly and professional greeting, taking messages as appropriate, and eliciting necessary information to allow timely and accurate responses (responding where appropriate).
- Remain aware of and update the CEO’s schedule and ensure all documents and details are prepared in anticipation of meetings.
- Promptly screen and distribute incoming email and correspondence, responding where appropriate.
- Taking and distributing minutes for all Leadership Team meetings (and meetings of other internal groups), as well as tabulating their agendum.
- Provide accurate word-processing support by composing and/or editing a variety of documents. This includes many highly confidential correspondence, memoranda, contracts and proposals.
- Assist with organizing meetings and/or special events including Board and committee meetings, etc. (including catering arrangements, materials, etc.)
- Responsible for Board and Committee meeting schedules, minutes, coordination and communications.
- Communicate with the offices of political and corporate leaders to arrange meetings.
- Preparing all presentation materials for the CEO (e.g. background information binders and folders).
- Develop and maintain a well-organized filing system that permits easy reference and rapid retrieval of information.
- Responsible for preparing monthly expense reports for the CEO.
- Responsible for supporting some office administration tasks, including work with accounting systems and processes.
- Special organizational and research projects as directed.
- Arrange travel, hotel, and car reservations and prepare itinerary for the CEO.
- Responsible for continuously expanding and updating professional knowledge and honing training skills in order to enhance individual and team innovation and productivity.
- Perform additional administrative functions as directed.
- Degree or diploma, or completion of grade twelve supplemented by a diploma or certificate in Business or Office Administration.
- Two to three years’ experience in a senior administrative role, preferably in the arts or non-profit sector.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Macintosh Operating System considered essential.
- Experience working with accounting software including QuickBooks considered an asset.
The Executive Assistant reports to the Chief Executive Officer.
APPLICATION AND RECRUITMENT PROCESS
This position has a 35-hour work-week, with occasional evening and weekend work required. A competitive compensation package, including extended health benefits, is offered.
To apply candidates should submit a letter of interest and CV in a PDF document in confidence to email@example.com. Please reference “Executive Assistant” in the subject line.
Posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Expected Start Date: December 2018 Term: Full-Time
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and inclusiveness. We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.