Reporting to the Senior Executive Administrator, the Executive Administrative Assistant contributes to the success of the organization by providing a high level of executive administrative support.
You are someone who is able to multi-task and adapt quickly to an ever-changing and dynamic environment. When you're not juggling the President & CEO's meetings and calendars, you are utilizing your keen sense of observation and critical thinking skills to anticipate needs and resolve any issues with ease.
A self-starter with strong attention to detail, you are a trusted advisor within the Executive Office and are someone who others can rely on to always be proactive, willing to help, and get the job done - often with minimal guidance or supervision.
You understand how to respond and adapt to situations while balancing high levels of professionalism with a down to earth, approachable sense of humour. You are someone who takes initiative, will give tasks and activities your prompt focus and attention, can manage multiple priorities and timelines, build, and foster strong relationships, all while exercising discretion and sound judgement as appropriate.
Who we are:
Arts Commons is embarking on a new path to support the Arts Commons ecosystem inclusive of artists, resident companies, and community groups. As one of the largest performing arts centres in Canada, Arts Commons strives to break down barriers to cultural participation by providing a modern, open, and inclusive gathering space in a central location.
Stewards of an arts ecosystem
Our mandate is to provide and care for our assets
An Arts Presenter
Our mandate is to produce and present multiple series, presentations and education programs annually
Our mandate is to ensure optimal access and utilization of our assets, by ourselves, our Resident Companies, and the community at large
What we offer:
On top of the excitement of working inside one of Canada's top performing arts facilities with a team of professionals that share a passion for the arts, Arts Commons offers a competitive salary and a wide range of benefits:
- A collaborative, engaging and values driven work environment
- An annual salary in the range of $45,000 - $53,000
- A comprehensive health and dental benefits package, with RSP matching and access to an Employee & Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- A positive working culture, keeping employee health and wellness a priority with generous paid time off policies and an annual lifestyle allowance
- A dynamic role that will have you engaging with the arts and communities in many different areas
What we value:
We are looking for individuals who share our vision of building a creative and compassionate society, inspired through the arts. Our team is made up of people with a diverse range of interests - singers, actors, musicians, playwrights, coaches, teachers, gamers, bakers, photographers, athletes, dancers. People whose interests encompass the widest spectrum. We even have furry, four-legged friends in the office. We value people who strive to do the right thing, and work to be their best. People with open minds, hearts, and arms.
What you will get to do here:
Working within a fluid and fast paced work environment, the Executive Administrative Assistant is flexible in nature and projects a positive, professional corporate image through the excellent execution of their role. This position is essential in helping build and promote effective working relationships between the President & CEO, Arts Commons staff, Board members, and other key internal and external stakeholders.
You will utilize your communication and organizational skills to effectively manage the workflow and priorities of the Executive Office, including managing email inboxes, calendars and appointments, board and other meeting arrangements, prompt email and phone responses, and other communications.
Embrace Arts Commons' core values to provide a high level of administrative support, ensuring that the President & CEO is adequately supported and prepared to advance business objectives - with quality service, professionalism, and confidentiality at every interaction.
Where you fit within our ecosystem:
The Executive Administrative Assistant is part of the President?s Office within Arts Commons. Reporting to the Senior Executive Administrator, this role provides assistance in supporting the President & CEO. This position works closely with all departments, members of the Leadership Team, Resident Companies, and various internal and external stakeholders such as the Board of Directors, and community groups and partners.
You will be a great fit if you...
- 1-3 years' experience working in an administrative setting
- Ability to always maintain confidentiality and foster an atmosphere of trust and integrity
- Can approach issues with a problem-solving attitude while exercising independent judgement and ethical decision making
- Ability to accurately summarize and transcribe meeting minutes
- Positive working relationships and demonstrated teamwork with internal and external contacts while working towards the success of Arts Commons
- Strong organizational and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision
- Ability to think quickly and find answers or solutions with minimal guidance
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Proven ability to build strong working relationships
- Research and analysis skills
- Positive attitude, strong attention to detail, and effective organizational skills
- Ability to recognize priority tasks, and plan and organize responsibilities to maximize effective use of time
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
Nice to have:
- A relevant certificate/diploma/degree from a recognized or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Familiarity with not-for-profit organizational structure
- A passion for the arts!
Commitment to Inclusion, Diversity, Equity & Accessibility (IDEA)
As part of our organization's commitment to IDEA, we work to remove barriers in collaboration with a broad range of voices. Removing these barriers begins with the hiring process. To that end, we are committed to recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and providing accessible employment practices. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process, and applicants are asked to make their accommodation needs known.
It is the unique contributions of all our people at Arts Commons that drives our success. We are committed to providing an environment free of harassment and discrimination for everyone, and we will continue to work to ensure that our teams reflect the diversity of the communities we serve.
If you are interested in applying to this exciting opportunity, please forward your resume and cover letter in confidence to:
205 - 8th Ave SE Calgary, Alberta T2G 0K9
Interviews will be conducted on an on-going basis and the job posting will officially close when a suitable candidate is found.
Please state the position you are applying for. No phone calls please.
We thank all interested applicants in advance but will only be contacting those selected for an interview.
If you have any specific questions to ask in relation to the role, please send them to the email address above and a member of our team will do our best to respond to you in a timely manner.