Deadline: Jul 8, 2022 - 11:45 pm
The Calgary Philharmonic celebrated 65 years as a pillar of Calgary’s vibrant arts community in 2020 and has grown to be one of Canada’s most celebrated live music ensembles. Led by Music Director Rune Bergmann, the Calgary Phil presents classical standards, pop favourites, bold collaborations, and cutting-edge new works, and attracts world-renowned guest artists and dynamic conductors. In a typical Season, the Orchestra welcomes over 100,000 visitors to the concert hall and reaches audiences around the world through its free and accessible digital programming and live-stream initiative — an immersive, online concert experience that launched in 2017. Follow the Calgary Philharmonic @calgaryphil on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter, and register for email updates at calgaryphil.com/newsletter.
We are looking for an experienced events organizer to join the Calgary Philharmonic’s Development team. This position oversees the planning and execution of all Patron Program events, the Cork + Canvas Gala, events related to specific concerts, the annual reception for Planned Giving donors, and other special events. In addition, the role supports the Senior Development Officers in the execution of their roles. The Events Coordinator reports to the Director, Development, and works closely with all members of the Calgary Philharmonic’s administrative team and Orchestra.
Donor Stewardship Events
- Develop and monitor budgets for donor stewardship events.
- Successful implementation of donor stewardship events through the Season.
- Responsible for the successful implementation of the Calgary Phil’s annual fundraising Gala
- Coordinate committee meetings in consultation with volunteer chair
- Develop and monitor Gala budget
- Monitor and track all Gift in Kind donations
- Manage event auction (silent and live)
- Collaborate with Artistic Department to secure musician performances at the Gala
Beat Beethoven Race
- Overall responsibility for successful implementation of the event in collaboration with Run Calgary
- Work with the Development team to ensure at least one annual event takes place in relation to Planned Giving that supports education, engagement, and stewardship of Planned Giving prospects and donors
- Manage all aspects of Calgary Phil’s Development events (creation, budget, booking, sales, RSVP’s, floor plans, fielding donor questions, execution, follow-up)
- Collaborate with Calgary Phil Marketing + Sales team to develop collateral and invitations for events and programs
- Manage event ticket processes in coordination with Calgary Phil Sales team
- Work directly with Artistic Department on Patron Program and other events
- Liaise with the Finance Department to ensure accurate accounting and reporting of all events
- Work directly with the President + CEO on special events
- Work directly with donors on special donor events
- Chair inter-departmental meetings as required on event requirements and production
- Manage relationships with Calgary Phil Hospitality Partners
- Source venues for stewardship and other events
- Attend Calgary Phil concerts and participate in offsite events as required
- Offer support to Development team such as forwarding knowledge of donors gained at events
- Be active in professional development to enhance Calgary Phil events
- Assist other Departments on their events (e.g. Season Launch)
- 5+ years’ experience working in an events coordinator role. A knowledge of culinary arts and wine a significant asset
- A strong interest in the Performing Arts
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills
- High attention to details
- Proactive, energetic, and an ability to manage multiple projects within strict timelines
- Demonstrated leadership ability, strong communication skills, and capable of working collaboratively within a team and across the entire organization
- Salary range for this position is $45,000 to $55,000 annually
- This position currently requires the ability to work from home and the office. Training, support, and supervision may occur virtually
- COVID-19 vaccination is a job requirement and a condition of employment. Offers of employment will be conditional upon proof of full immunization against COVID-19 with a Health Canada approved vaccine prior to the candidates’ start date
- Candidates must be available to work beyond office hours at approximately 20 events and concerts throughout the season
- Office location: Arts Commons, Floor 2, 205 8 Avenue SE Calgary AB T2G 0K9
- The Calgary Philharmonic Orchestra is an equal opportunity employer
Deadline: 8 July 2022
Applications will be reviewed on a regular basis and suitable candidates may be contacted before the deadline.
Please send cover letter, resume, portfolio, and salary expectations to:
Senior Development Officer
We thank you for your interest in the Calgary Philharmonic Orchestra. Please note only successful candidates will be contacted.