The competition is open to qualified professional visual artists residing in Canada.
The exhibition will be held at the Women’s Art Museum during the month of October (2017) in conjunction with Women’s History Month. The exhibition is held as a precursor to the annual fundraiser Lip-Sync The Kitchen Sync: the Rematch 2017.
Our theme for this exhibition is Dollhouse Kitchens. The term may conjure up many thoughts and memories as you may have had a personal experience with a Dollhouse or perhaps looked upon one from afar in admiration. More often than not, these dioramas have played an important role in many peoples’ lives throughout history. In our exhibition, we would like to explore the different connections which people have had with Dollhouse Kitchens.
The exhibition will be in keeping with the mission statement of the Women’s Art Museum of Canada; this is to collect, preserve and present women’s visual heritage. The Women’s Art Museum’s purpose is to create interest in, knowledge of, and an appreciation and respect for this art by sharing the stories behind their cultural production. WAM is a smaller exhibition space, so please consider submitting smaller sized art works
Call for proposals closes September 21, 2017. Email submissions as one to email@example.com
- Dollhouse in the subject line
- Statement about your connection to Dollhouses (300 words MAX)
- Biography (300 words MAX)
- Up to 3 internet quality JPG images of art work to be included in the exhibition
- Supporting image list: including the date, medium, dimensions, and title of art work
- Contact information: email and phone number