Deadline: Jan 25, 2022 - 11:45 pm
The Calgary Philharmonic celebrated 65 years as a pillar of Calgary’s vibrant arts community in 2020 and has grown to be one of Canada’s most celebrated live music ensembles. Led by Music Director Rune Bergmann, the Calgary Phil presents classical standards, pop favourites, bold collaborations, and cutting-edge new works, and attracts world-renowned guest artists and dynamic conductors. In a typical Season, the Orchestra welcomes over 100,000 visitors to the concert hall and reaches audiences around the world through its free and accessible digital programming and live-stream initiative — an immersive, online concert experience that launched in 2017. Follow the Calgary Philharmonic @calgaryphil on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter, and register for email updates at calgaryphil.com/newsletter.
The Calgary Philharmonic is looking for an energetic and enthusiastic Arts professional to join the Calgary Philharmonic’s Development team. The Development Officer is responsible for creating charitable tax receipts and managing data on the Calgary Philharmonic’s CRM system (Spektrix). The individual will also provide overall management of Calgary Philharmonic volunteers and AGLC activities (Raffle, Casino). Other duties will include support for members of the Development team to maximize effective and efficient use of resources. The Development Officer reports to the Director, Development, and works closely with all members of the Calgary Philharmonic’s administrative team and Orchestra.
Development Data Support
- Ensure donor and prospect information is tracked accurately and in a timely manner in the CRM system to ensure highest possible data integrity. This includes entering gifts and pledges.
- Process and produce charitable tax receipts within CRA regulations or letters of acknowledgment.
- Process memorial/in honor tribute gifts including preparing acknowledgment cards as requested.
- Review the set-up for maintaining records and adjust as necessary to ensure congruence with financial reporting and government requirements for receipting and reporting.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues to develop business processes and nomenclature to ensure CRM data is recorded accurately and in a consistent manner.
- Work collaboratively with the Finance team to ensure full congruence and reconciliation of development and finance records. Conduct research related to prospective donors. This includes working with the Marketing + Sales team to identify ticket buyers who have potential to become new donors.
- Prepare reports using the CRM system for planning purposes and to track Development team members’ progress and results.
- Prepare Donor recognition lists at the end of the fiscal year for publication.
- Assist with coordination of donor records with the Calgary Philharmonic Orchestra Foundation.
- Provide professional, prompt and donor-centric customer service when responding to donor inquiries
- Provide overall management of Calgary Philharmonic volunteers.
- Provide overall management of AGLC activities (Casino, Raffles).
- Assist in training other Calgary Philharmonic personnel in aspects of the CRM system that might be required in their area of work.
- Support the Development team to stage fundraising events and campaigns, as well as approaches to individual donors and prospects.
- Attend concerts to host donors, patrons, and VIPs, and participate in offsite events, when required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Post-secondary education or equivalent work experience.
- 2+ years’ experience working with fundraising CRM systems. Knowledge of Spektrix an asset
- Strong technical skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- Strong organizational, problem-solving skills. High attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and in a team.
- Strong communication skills: interact professionally and comfortably with donors in person, by phone, and in writing.
- A sincere interest in arts and culture an asset.
- Salary range for this position is $45,000 to $55,000 annually.
- As part of our full compensation package, Calgary Phil offers 3 weeks vacation, a comprehensive benefits package that includes RRSP contributions, health coverage, an employee assistance program, bonus days off, and other non-cash benefits.
- This position currently requires the ability to work from home and the office. Training, support, and supervision may occur virtually.
- Office location: Arts Commons, Floor 2, 205 8 Avenue SE Calgary AB T2G 0K9.
- The Calgary Philharmonic Orchestra is an equal opportunity employer.
- COVID-19 vaccination is a job requirement and a condition of employment. Offers of employment will be conditional upon proof of full immunization against COVID-19 with a Heath Canada approved vaccine prior to the candidates’ start date.
Deadline: 25 January 2022
Applications will be reviewed on a regular basis and suitable candidates may be contacted before the deadline.
Please send cover letter, resume, and salary expectations to:
We thank you for your interest in the Calgary Philharmonic Orchestra. Please note only successful candidates will be contacted.