The Calgary International Film Festival's mission is to entertain and engage audiences by curating the most innovative and compelling films, and creating remarkable festival experiences.
The festival is a 12-day showcase of up to 200 multi-genre films from Canada and over 40 other countries, hosting gala events, screenings, award ceremonies and special presentations. Additionally, the festival co-presents other programs, such as Doc Soup, throughout the year.
The Development Assistant is responsible for tracking and fulfilling all sponsorship activation and deliverables, and assisting the Development team with the festival’s stewardship and special sponsor events.
- Perform administrative tasks in support of the Development department, including:
- corresponding with sponsors
- managing the sponsorship and donor tracking spreadsheets
- filing contracts and other materials
- data entry and data management using the festival’s database Zone Festival
- Fulfill and track sponsor deliverables
- Oversee the delivery and receipt of sponsor ticket packages; in coordinator with the Ticketing Manager
- Oversee the delivery and return of sponsor banners
- Work with departmental volunteers regarding sponsorship deliverables
- Assist the Development Coordinator and other departments with sponsor events
- Assist the Development Coordinator with processing charitable donations, fulfilling donor benefits, and corresponding with donors
- Assist the Development Coordinator with managing the festival’s ‘Key List’
- Assist the Development Coordinator with closing out all festival agreements and final reporting
- Provide detailed post mortem notes and archived files (hard and electronic) relevant to the position and the work accomplished following the festival
- Outstanding collaborator and team player
- At least two years’ professional sponsorship and/or administrative experience
- Experience hosting special events; preferably events involving sponsors
- Ability to quickly and efficiently learn new software, such as the festival’s database system (Zone Festival)
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills, with a keen eye for detail
- Proficiency in standard Microsoft Office software applications, especially Excel
- Ability to prioritize tasks in a deadline-oriented, fast-paced environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including excellent phone manner
- Personable, positive, and professional
- Adaptable to a flexible work schedule, including some evenings and weekends
- Ability to work independently when required
- Excellent reasoning, decision making and problem solving
- Reliable, hardworking and resourceful
- Ability to handle difficult situations with aplomb and grace
- Experience in not-for-profits, in particular film festivals, considered an asset
- licence, considered an asset
Employment Type: Fixed Term Contract
Start Date: Starts August 7, 2018; ends October 15, 2018
Hours: Varying throughout contract. Estimated to average 12 hours per week in August; 16 hours per week in the first half of September, and 24 hours per week during the festival (September 19 - 30), which includes long days, evenings and weekends on-site; concluding with 12 hours per week for the remainder of the contract. Involves evenings and weekends, especially during the festival.
Reporting to: Development Coordinator
Salary/fee: $2,850 flat for the contract
Email a resume and cover letter in a single document to firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday, July 1, 2018. Please use “Development Assistant” as the email subject line.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.