Cultural Outreach Coordinator / Administrative Assistant
Location: Calgary, AB
Job Type: Part Time (25 hr/week)
About the Role
The Cultural Outreach Coordinator is a split position with some administrative duties. The Coordinator will work with the Treaty 7 Nations and connect Knowledge Keepers, and Elders to staff and artists for Making Treaty 7 projects.
Cultural Coordinator Responsibilities:
- Must have connections to the Treaty 7 communities or be willing to create and/or strengthen positive and reciprocal relationships.
- Must have cultural knowledge and understanding to work and build respectful relationships with Elders and Knowledge Keepers, ie. Offering tobacco to an Elder.
- Work with the Executive Director and Artistic Director on identifying the proper Elder/Knowledge Keeper protocol for each individual request and project.
- Coordinate meeting schedules with staff and Elders or Knowledge Keepers.
- Work with MT7 staff on building an Elder/Knowledge Keeper advisory group to work with staff and board members.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and working vehicle. Mileage will be compensated.
- Must complete a Vulnerable Sector Check.
Administrative Assistant Responsibilities:
- Must be organized and able to prioritize tasks and projects. Must be able to work well with a team and independently.
- Coordinating meetings, taking and distributing minutes, and managing administrative calendars.
- Assisting in preparation of contracts and agreements for distribution.
- Researching and maintaining an ongoing calendar of funding opportunities, programs, deadlines, and reporting cycles.
- Basic book-keeping and project-tracking as needed. Answering phones, emails, and other general inquiries.
- Assisting as needed in PR, Marketing, volunteer coordination, event-planning, and program development.
About the Company
Making Treaty 7 Cultural Society is an Indigenous led, settler supported cultural entity based in Calgary, Alberta that promotes healing by transferring Indigenous knowledge and culture through the arts. MT7 is dedicated to Indigenous artistic expression that brings to life the promise of Treaty 7 and uses contemporary arts and performance to tell inspiring stories that educate, entertain and forge relationships across cultures and generations.
Our office is located at the GRAND Theatre in downtown Calgary.
This is a part-time staff position with room to grow. Starting salary for 25 hrs/week is $25.00/hr or $2500.00/month. Schedule can be flexible and negotiated as needed between in-person and at-home work. Some evenings and weekends may be required.
If you are interested in this position, please apply to Neil Fleming, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following:
- A cover letter introducing yourself, noting your community connections, and why you think you would be the best candidate for the position.
- A resume that includes your experience with the local arts or performing arts community.
Interviews will be conducted late April with a start date in May 2022. Thank you to everyone who applies. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Posting Closes: Thursday, April 14, 2022