Deadline: May 31, 2022 - 11:45 pm
Choir Alberta is currently seeking 2 Summer Program Assistants. Funded partially by Canada Summer Jobs, candidates must be between the ages of 15 and 30 years of age (but need not be students). Reporting to the Executive Director, the Summer Program Assistants will play a key role in program planning and delivery.
Areas of work include:
- Program marketing and recruitment of program participants
- Management of program registration
- Liaising with guest artists, venues, and other program stakeholders
- Procurement of print music and supplies
- Volunteer coordination
- Record keeping
- Playing an active role in program Working Groups
- Assisting on site with program delivery
The successful applicant will have a strong interest in choral music and the arts, will be comfortable in a digital environment, and will be a strong team player with a positive attitude.
Other job requirements include:
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office and social media platforms
- An ability to work independently
The successful candidates will work from the Choir Alberta office (in Edmonton) for 30 hours weekly. Program Assistants may be given the option to assist with program delivery throughout the 2022-2023 season.
Remuneration will be determined based on skills and experience.
Choir Alberta is committed to equitable and inclusive hiring practices; the strength of our team arises from the diversity of people, ideas, perspectives, and cultural backgrounds. We encourage women, First Nations, Métis and Inuit persons, members of visible minority groups, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity and expression to apply.
To apply, please forward a resume which includes 2 references (reference letters not required) and cover letter to Brendan Lord, Executive Director, at email@example.com.
Review of applications will begin on Wednesday, May 11.
Choir Alberta is Canada’s largest Provincial Choral Organization with approximately 500 members of a program roster of approximately 20 component programs annually. For more information about the organization, please visit our website at www.choiralberta.ca.