Deadline: Jan 31, 2022 - 11:45 pm
VIEW from the Inside: Courage Journey is an award-winning program where participants make a self-portrait-based puppet which becomes a nuanced artifact with legacy themes. The outside of the puppet represents the ‘public face’, the inside the ‘private’ face, attachments connect to the world and memories; it all culminates in celebratory ‘performative-reflections’.
WP Puppet Theatre with Sheridan College and the Centre for Elder Research, is undertaking research that will provide evidence-based data focusing on three dimensions of wellness, social, emotional and intellectual. The study will confirm the anecdotal evidence of our participant’s growth in resilience, sense of community, self-reflection, voice for their stories.
Requirement for Participation:
- No previous art experience is necessary
- A computer or tablet
- Zoom application (we provide support for set up)
- Must attend all eight ONLINE sessions
- Permission to record sessions for research purposes
- Permission to use photos and videos
- Completion of pre/post surveys
- Participation in interviews by the researcher
- Willingness to share ideas and learn new skills
- No fee to participate, no payment to participants
Focus Group #1 - Tuesdays February 8 - March 29, 10:00 am -11:15 am MST.
Interested? Contact Barb English by Monday January 31, 2022.