Deadline: Nov 1, 2019 - 11:45 pm
The Works is now accepting proposals for major projects, group exhibitions, and site-specific environmental installations responding to the theme, Yield. Those who yield might surrender, relinquish, or give right of way. In conversation or debate, yielding makes space for alternate viewpoints, ideas, and voices. The conditions that cause one to yield might include respect, humility, fear, or awe. Yield also refers to production, cultivation, fertility, harvest, abundance, or lack thereof. It can be a quantitative measure of success, failure, or potential.
Proposals may consider: new technologies and voices, things larger than us, the inevitable as well as the immovable, resilient, reticent, or uncompromising.
Artists are encouraged to apply to one of the following streams:
- Festival Commissioned Programs - Due Nov 1, 2019
- Environmental site specific artwork
- curator of a major group exhibit
- Other major projects and feature exhibits
- Festival Community Programs - Due February 14, 2020
- Event program
- Group exhibit program
- Individual and two-artist shows