Deadline: Aug 21, 2020 - 11:45 pm
We are excited to announce a call for entries for the WildDogs International Screendance Festival.
W&M Dance Projects proudly presents WildDogs, a hybrid festival of international screendance works, presented virtually (online) and at a drive-in near you in September 2020. We invite dance, movement, image and video artists to submit their dance films until August 21st, 2020. WildDogs calls upon artists of all levels, ages, and genres to apply and encourages the representation of all movement forms from across the globe. WildDogs pays screening fees to all selected filmmakers, with individual awards in each category.
WildDogs is committed to dance on film as an independent art form. Screendance expands the possibilities of movement expression through a collaboration between two niche artistic mediums. WildDogs builds an audience for new and established screendance artists and encourages dialogue within the international Screendance community.
WildDogs’ Artistic/Executive Directors are Melissa Monteros and Wojciech Mochniej, W&M’s original co-founders and dance-filmmakers themselves. Artistic Associates in this endeavor are emerging artists Zoe Abrigo and Tessa Leier.
The Festival will be presenting a special drive-in screening of WildDogs at select locations in Calgary (CAN), Saskatoon (CAN), and Honolulu (USA) Lublin, Poland (Nights of Culture) and Warsaw, Poland. This 1st WildDogs International Screendance Festival is an initiative of W&M Dance Projects of Calgary.
- Student Film (5 – 10 minutes)
- iPhone Creation Only (5 – 15 minutes)
- Screendance Short (5 – 15 minutes)
Deadlines and Fees
- Application Opens: July 20, 2020
- Early Bird deadline: August 1, 2020
- Regular deadline: August 21, 2020
- Notification Date: August 31, 2020
- Early Bird fee: CAD $5.00
- Regular fee: CAD $10.00
WildDogs is only accepting entries digitally through Vimeo, YouTube, or an online link. A secure password protected link may be used.
Selected applicants will receive a screening fee from WildDogs. The awarded film in each category will receive CAD $200.00 and honorable mentions will receive CAD $50.00.
- Submitted films must be between 5 to 15 minutes in length and must be a dance-based film of any style.
- Films must have a production date of 2018 or later for consideration.
- Films with open access on the internet are not eligible for consideration.
- WildDogs only accepts submissions through Vimeo, YouTube or an online link that is NOT visible to the public. A secure password protected link may be used.
- Applicants must include a written synopsis/narrative of the film, biography of the artist(s) or company, an artistic statement, and provide WildDogs with press materials (images, trailers, bio, etc.) as stated in the release section. All images must include a credit, due to copyrights we will not be able to use your images without a credit.
- Applicants must specify the category they are applying to student, emerging, or professional artist. Student applicants must submit a valid student ID or proof of enrollment at the time the film was made with their submission.
- For live screening (excluding iPhone Creation category) the applicant must provide a HD digital file, which is a minimum of 1920×1080.
- Applicants must adhere to the release statement and ensure all copyright and all other legal rights are obtained as well as clearance from any and all actual or potential Third-Party Claims
- Once submitted, a film cannot be withdrawn, and the application fee may not be refunded.