Deadline: Mar 15, 2021 - 11:45 pm
The Traveling Exhibitions Program Northwest (TREX NW) welcomes proposals from artists based in Treaty 8.
Artwork submitted for consideration must take into account the unique parameters of TREX exhibitions. Due to the extensive travel of these exhibitions, the maximum dimension for artworks that will be considered is 35”x 35”. In addition, artists should keep in mind that the works will need to be sturdy enough to withstand travelling to upwards of twenty different venues. To help ensure artworks are safely transported and installed, two-dimensional mediums are preferred.
- The deadline this year is March 15th, 2021.
- Artists who submit independently may be considered for inclusion in group exhibition programming.
- Prioritize submitting a group of works that have a consistent theme, proposal or artistic concept
- A layout of an exhibition design is not necessary as the TREX program is responsible for the curation and any programming associated with the exhibition.
- Review past TREX exhibitions. Please keep in mind that these works will be in a diverse array of venues from schools to galleries to hospitals.
- Submissions will be kept on file for a period of one year for consideration
*Artists must be from the Peace Region, Alberta. We thank all who may apply, however artists from outside of the region will not be considered for this open call.
Please submit the following items in a single PDF document
- Curriculum Vitae (Resume)
- Project Proposal (500 words max.)
- Artist Statement (300 words max.)
- Up to 10 digital images (USB Drive or online sharing sites such as Dropbox, or Google Drive)
- Image List (Title, Medium, Size, year)
Submissions, or any questions about the Open Call, can be emailed to Robin Lynch (Program Manager/Curator TREX NW) at Robin@aggp.ca. Please use “TREX Open Call Submission 2021” as the subject line on your email submissions.
The exhibition schedule for TREX NW is programmed roughly 1 year in advance. Each exhibition shows between 15-20 artworks and tours for 2 years throughout the province. All participating artists in TREX exhibitions are paid an artist fee. Selections will be made in accordance with the submission guidelines, the TREX NW curatorial mandate, and in consultation with the selection committee.