Deadline: Mar 10, 2021 - 11:45 pm
There are two open calls for artist submissions at the Multicultural Heritage Centre Public Art Gallery in St. Albert.
This self-love exhibition celebrates curves, wrinkles, bald heads, and stretchmarks. “Body Beautiful” invites us to experience traditional and contemporary portraiture, nudes, and beyond. In-person and virtual viewers will gain a new appreciation of the human body, flaws and all, and witness the artists unique ability to capture the subtleties that make us human.
Submission form and instructions: Body Beautiful – Art Application Form-Updated’21
- Apply by March 10, 2021
- Acceptance confirmation by March 17, 2021
- Virtual Exhibition dates: May 13—July 26, 2021
- Virtual Exhibit premiere: Thursday, May 13, 2021
“Mystery Box Art Challenge 1”
Submission form and instructions: Mystery Box Art Challenge 1 – Art Application Form
The Mystery Box Art Challenge is a creative opportunity for 10 local artists. These artists will receive a box of collage, art, and unexpected materials. The challenge: Use at least a little bit of each material (box included) in the creation of an original artwork.
The mystery materials can be combined into a sculpture, added to a canvas, or whatever your imagination conceives. Have fun, make art, innovate, and present your Mystery Box Art Challenge artwork in our virtual exhibition.
Plus, one of the ten artworks and artists will receive a $250 gift card to the Paint Spot art store and the title of “Mystery Box Art Challenge 1 Champion.”
- Apply by Wednesday, March 10, 2021
- Acceptance confirmation by Tuesday, March 16, 2021
- Pick up mystery box from the PERC Building at the Multicultural Heritage Centre between March 17 and March 23, 2021
- Artmaking period: March 23–May 18, 2021 (8 weeks)
- Artwork delivered to the gallery by Wednesday, May 19, 2021
- Artist video & photos due by Monday, May 24, 2021
- Virtual Exhibition dates: June 10—August 31, 2021
- Virtual Exhibit premiere & Winner announcement: Thursday, June 10, 2021
Submission Deadline for both calls: March 10, 2021