Deadline: Oct 25, 2019 - 11:45 pm
The Gallery at Casa and the Allied Arts Council of Lethbridge are calling for submissions for a new exhibition opportunity.
The Project Space is a dedicated space for artists working in expanded, challenging, and dynamic ways - located just outside the Main Gallery on the main floor of Casa. The display space is a shallow vitrine best suited for small-scale installations and/or pieces that engage individuals in a high traffic site. The space is 12 feet long, 3 feet deep, and 6.75 feet tall.
This display area has been designated for site-specific work from local and regional artists that foster creative and social practices, while engaging and educating audiences through contemporary art. The Gallery at Casa supports exhibitions from artists with diverse experience levels, backgrounds, and a variety of media. The Project Space provides a flexible exhibition platform for artists seeking out alternative or semi-public display venues. The duration of the exhibition will match that of the exhibitions in the Main Gallery space, which span from six – eight weeks.
The Gallery at Casa welcomes and encourage proposals from all emerging artists regardless of ability, culture, ethnicity, citizenship, gender identity, or race. Please note that only proposals from Alberta based artists will be considered at this time.
The artist is responsible for all materials, equipment, shipping, and/or travel if necessary. The Gallery at Casa pays an artist fee of $400 for the Project Space, as well as generating promotional material and hosting an opening reception. Artist should consider that the Project Space is in a high traffic location that sees a diverse range of audiences and ages.
We will be scheduling dates between January and December 2020. The call for submissions will close October 25, 2019, and all artists will be contacted regarding the status of their submissions by mid-November.
Submission should be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the headline “Project Space: Submission”. Please don't hesitate to contact us with any further questions.
- Proposal: Briefly outline your project, exhibition, or work. Provide details of the projects spatial, physical, and material parameters.
- Artist Statement: Frame your proposal into the context of your practice, research, or interests as an artist.
- Curriculum Vitae: A current resume or curriculum vitae (CV) – Include links to website, social media handles, or published works
- Image List: Include title, dates, dimension, media and other details that are relevant to the understanding of the work.
- Support Material:
- Images: Maximum 15 or less
- Audio/Video: Maximum combined length of 5 minutes.
Support Material Guidelines:
- Image files should be in .jpeg format, no larger than 1MB/each, titled according to the corresponding image list. (ex: 01_surname.jpg)
- Video material may be submitted via links to Vimeo, Youtube, or GDrive. Choose relevant short clips that best demonstrate the work
- Audio material may be submitted via links to soundcloud, vimeo or other relevant platforms.
Please Visit Casa: http://www.casalethbridge.ca