Deadline: Jun 9, 2020 - 11:45 pm
We are seeking new Board Directors!
M:ST is seeking Board Directors to serve a two-year volunteer term (renewable) who will bring dedication, energy, and experience to the organization. Board Directors are expected to attend 9 meetings a year, each meeting being approximately 1.5 hours and scheduled on weekday evenings. They are also expected to lead and enthusiastically volunteer for additional tasks related to outreach, equity work, hiring, etc. Our mission, vision, and values are listed here and we encourage prospective new board members to review them before applying.
We highly encourage applications from individuals from BIPOC communities, persons with disabilities, persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities,persons from poor and working class backgrounds, and others with the skills and knowledge to engage equity seeking communities.
While M:ST and most of the Board Directors are located in Calgary, Canada we also encourage national and international expressions of interest.
Board Directors must:
- be committed to the work of the organization
- be interested in contemporary art
- be invested in community building
- be committed to organizational equity
- support and participate in M:ST’s activities
Desired skills and experience:
- Creative problem solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to communicate in languages other than English
- Experienced in financial oversight; familiar with non-profit accounting and budget management
Board Directors are fully informed on organizational matters and participate in the Board’s deliberations and decisions in the matters of policy, finance, programming, personnel and advocacy. Additionally, they:
- Determine mission and purpose
- Hire, support, and evaluate executive staff
- Ensure effective long-term planning
- Ensure adequate financial resources
- Protect assets and provide proper financial oversight
- Build a competent board
- Ensure legal and ethical integrity
- Enhance the organization’s public standing
How to Apply
To apply, send a statement of interest (approx. one page) to M:ST’s Board President Kaylee Maciejko at firstname.lastname@example.org. The statement should address the unique skills and experience you are bringing to M:ST’s Board of Directors.
Potential applicants are invited to contact Kaylee in advance of submitting their applications if they have any questions regarding M:ST and/or board member requirements and duties.
The deadline for applications is Tuesday, June 9, 2020. Applications will be evaluated by the current board and staff. Successful applicants will be nominated to the board at M:ST’s upcoming Annual General Meeting on Tuesday, June 19, 2020.
M:ST is committed to accommodating applicants with barriers to the recruitment procedures outlined above. Please notify us if you require accommodation with respect to the materials or procedures used at any time during this process. We will work with you to determine how to meet your needs throughout recruitment and your potential term as a board member.