Visual Art Exhibition: September 17 to 30, 2018
Where: cSPACE, first floor 1721 29 Avenue SW, Calgary, AB
Deadline to Apply: August 15, 2018
The Making Treaty 7 Cultural Society is excited to host it’s first art exhibition featuring First Nations, Metis, and Inuit (FNMI) artists. We are seeking visual artists who would like to exhibit their work during a visual art exhibition. Selected artists who participate in the exhibition will not be paid to participate. Participants can display a maximum of five (5) pieces.
Organizers will select participating artists based on the artistic merit of their submission, relevance to the Treaty 7 theme, and the ability of cSPACE to exhibit the art. Submissions can be in a medium such as visual art, beading, tapestry, linen, poetry, photography, etc.
To qualify for the exhibit, the items must be:
- Original work
- Suitable in scale (max 4’x6’), material, form, subject, and content for a public display
- Prepared and ready for display in unsupervised spaces, (cSPACE and Making Treaty 7 Cultural Society are not liable for the works)
- Items must be free of advertisements or solicitations for recruitment, business or fund raising
- Visual artists may discretely advertise the purchasing price of their works, but all sales must take place off the premises and will not be facilitated by Making Treaty 7 staff.
All submissions must include a statement about these three things:
- How does the work relate to the Treaty 7 theme?
- What set up/display requirements do you have? (bring your own easel, if applicable)
- Artistic Background - Provide a 250-word description about you and your artistic background. We will place this statement near your display.
Submit photos of no more than ten (10) examples of your work, preferably including those that you would like to include in the event/exhibition. A maximum of five (5) items per artist will be allowed (with some exceptions as per the jury). For larger items, please provide dimensions and approximate weight. Items will be selected by a jury. Please call us or send an email if you are interested. If you require accommodation at any stage of the process, please call for assistance.
Making Treaty 7 Cultural Society
Tel: (587) 899-1877